PDA

View Full Version : Montego Bay Info??

Les H
18-07-2003, 15:08
Does anyone know anything about this community please.

Les H

blott
18-07-2003, 20:50
Hi Les

Welcome to the forum. I think Montego Bay is next door to Chatham Park on Siesta Lago which runs between Poinciana Boulevard and Highway 192. It's one of the more mature communities in the area, being around 10 years or so old.

What makes you enquire about it - are you thinking of renting or purchasing there?

Gillian-B
20-07-2003, 15:29
I've stayed at Montego Bay before and although it is slightly older than the communities along US27, it is a great location as it's very central and just off the US192.

Gillian

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-07-2003, 15:59
That's the one Blott. Last time we went to the Magic Kingdom we got talking to an English family who were staying in a villa there.

Les H
21-07-2003, 05:05
The reason I am asking is because we have just reieved a call from out tour operator just 6 days before we leave to tell us that the villa in the community that we specificaly requested is now not available, despite us booking a mere 8 months ago. They have offered us a place on Montego Bay instead because its close to the community we originally booked.

I am absolutely gutted about this because its actually the second time inside 12 months that a tour operator has done this to us. I am only going to book direct with the villa owners in future, it seems to be the only way to get the community that you want.

We don't really have any choice so it looks like thats where we will be staying

Les H

Gillian-B
21-07-2003, 10:44
Personally, I think that Montego Bay is an excellent central location and you should have a great holiday (where were you originally staying?).

And yes, if you book direct with an owner you'll know exactly where you'll be and what the villa is like.

Have a great time.

Gillian

Les H
21-07-2003, 13:41
Thanks for that Gillian, I'm sure it will be OK. We originally booked a place on Country Creek, we have stayed there before and find it a great location( the wife loves Walmart)but Montego Bay is only just up the road so I suppose its not the end of the world

Les H

blott
21-07-2003, 14:07
Hi Les

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with your home booking but I think your wife will like the area as Siesta Lago comes out on the 192 right opposite Rack Room Shoes and Beall's Outlet Mall (she sounds as if she's into shopping) and Wal-Mart is just up the road. We stayed next door in Chatham Park in 1995 and enjoyed it.

I agree that it must be really annoying having booked a specific location and then find you're going somewhere else and, if you book with a private owner, this obviously won't happen as you can see exactly what you're booking and know that's where you'll definitely be staying.

Have a great time in Florida.

langley
21-07-2003, 20:36
Hi Les

Just curious why you were booking through a travel agent instead of direct, is it cheaper that way or is it just that you didn't want the extra work of booking it all yourself?

Rob & Carol