PDA

View Full Version : Current I 4 Roadworks

oxman
07-05-2006, 17:18
When at Orlando last month I saw a roadworks sign on the I 4 West
advising roadworks for the next 38 miles. I am returning to Orlando next month and intend to drive down St Pete's on the Gulf. using the I 4. It's a couple of years since I travelled to this area and there were plenty of roadworks then but this seems to be an increase.[msnsad]

Should I plan another route or is it still the quickest way.

davepat
07-05-2006, 22:37
We were in Florida over Easter and used the I-4 east and west a few times. Yes there are roadworks but we were not held up at all. There was extra traffic becuase of the Easter break and still no queues. Didn't even have to think about it.

abbeyvillas
08-05-2006, 01:14
There have been similar signs to this on the I-4 for long enough but remember alot of the roadworks are not even causing lane closures during the daytime. I'm sure if you are careful to avoid peak travelling times you shouldn't have any problems.
Jeanette

CarolAnn
08-05-2006, 01:22
Found it a bit slow between junct 55 and 58, but that was Easter time. We used the I4 to go to Tampa, on at junct 55 and it took us 50 mins to Tampa airport:) So no complaints there[msnwink]

Jill
08-05-2006, 04:55
It is still the quickest route we drove the I4 to Sarasota and back on Tuesday and had no delays at all and sailed through at the speed limit so I should think you will be fine.

fiona
08-05-2006, 05:10
We went to St Pete's and Clearwater on Tuesday and had no problems either.