PDA

View Full Version : robbie williams at milton keynes

mollymoo
06-05-2006, 01:01
hi everyone!

just a line to ask if anyone has ever been to a concert at the milton keynes bowl. We're dissapointed that wembley has not been ready in time[msnmad] meaning that our seated tickets there have now become a free for all at the bowl.[msncry]

Has anyone got any tips for going to a concert there?

thanks in anticipation

Peppermint
06-05-2006, 01:12
Saw Green Day there last year and it was great, the sheer volume of people made a great atmosphere. It was a very hot day and it is all very open so depending on time of day you get there be ready for the sun (or rain!). The main tip I would give you is be prepared for a long wait to get out of the car park if you are driving - it took us 3 hours to get out of MK! We then had a 3 hour drive and it was daylight again by the time we got home. Still would not hesitate to go back though.

Pluto
06-05-2006, 01:29
I saw Robbie there a couple of years ago.

It is an Ok place, but as it sounds, a grassed area shaped like a bowl! All of the facilities are brought in for the event ie food stalls, toilets etc. My advice is - take something to sit on like a blanket or something waterproof in case the ground is wet.

When we were there it was really hot, but I can't imagine what it would be like in the rain.

As mentioned above it took us about 3 hours to get out of the carpark.

Hope you have a great time.

SDJ
06-05-2006, 02:59
Hi

We arranged the last 2 rooms in the Holiday Inn today - or at least my daughter-in-law did as she has been before and said the queue for the car park when leaving is horrendous. The hotel is only one mile away, so not far to walk afterwards. We have to drive back to Devon so thought that the best way to go. When we saw Robbie at Knebworth, it was the same and we arrived home at 1000am the following morning extremely tired.

Which day are you going. We go on the 15th.

Well, must get back to my book by the pool here in sunny Florida!![8D][8D]

Sandra

CarolAnn
06-05-2006, 14:00
Hi Kerry-Ann, I live in Milton Keynes and have been to a number of events at the Bowl:) I think if you are a real fan you will no doubt put up with the exposed nature of the bowl [msnwink]
To be fair, getting in and out are the main nightmares, so would avoid taking a car too close. As with all these type of events they ship in the food stalls, there have always been plenty of them , but never cheap. The majority of positions are pretty good, but you are standing/siting on the grass, and if it rains:(, equally, if it is hot during the afternoon, you will boil!! Go with provisions, comfortable shoes, rain proofing, sunsheild, blanket, depends on promotors, but they often won't allow you take coolers in etc. There is a website, nationalbowl.net, think this may provide useful info for you[msnwink]

Jo
06-05-2006, 14:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
Hi

We arranged the last 2 rooms in the Holiday Inn today - or at least my daughter-in-law did as she has been before and said the queue for the car park when leaving is horrendous. The hotel is only one mile away, so not far to walk afterwards. We have to drive back to Devon so thought that the best way to go. When we saw Robbie at Knebworth, it was the same and we arrived home at 1000am the following morning extremely tired.

Which day are you going. We go on the 15th.

Well, must get back to my book by the pool here in sunny Florida!![8D][8D]
I'm going on the 15th - see you there!
Sandra
[/quote]

mollymoo
07-05-2006, 01:22
We are also going on the 15th now trying to find somewhere to stay [msnscared]

failing that CarolAnn is there anywhere that is advisable to park offsite that isnt too far away? We will be having the day off work so plan to get to Milton Keynes early afternoon (traffic permitting). And figure that a 45/60 min walk back to car would be better than 3 hours sat in a car park!!

Having looked at the bowl on google maps it looks a little in the middle of nowhere!!

CarolAnn
07-05-2006, 16:31
Try this kerry-Ann
http://www.stadiumhotels.com/mkbowl.htm

I can assure you the Bowl is not in the middle of no where. I have walked to the train staion from the bowl and been collected there (we live near Newport Pagnell, not walking distance). Anything near CMK is feasable. Think pricing on majority of the hotels could be quite high when Robbie's in town mind?

Ray&Sarah
08-05-2006, 03:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Try this kerry-Ann

I can assure you the Bowl is not in the middle of no where. I have walked to the train staion from the bowl and been collected there (we live near Newport Pagnell, not walking distance). Anything near CMK is feasable. Think pricing on majority of the hotels could be quite high when Robbie's in town mind?
[/quote]

Maybe a new business venture for you Carol, B&B whilst Robbie is in town.[msnwink]:D

Paula D-S
08-05-2006, 03:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Try this kerry-Ann

[/quote]

If you B&B is anything like your villa can I book in please.[msnwink]

SDJ
08-05-2006, 06:39
Yes, the hotels have bumped the prices up. We paid GBP185 for each room, but Robbie is worth it!

Sandra

mollymoo
08-05-2006, 21:39
Looks like a night time in the car park for us awaits!! Unless anyone has some good other "off site" spots to park without the possibilty of being towed away!!!

Availabilty of accomodation is nigh on zero unless you are a millionaire!! Should have had the
forethought to pre book but hindsight is such a wonderful thing!

Never mind.

All together, Let me, entertain you..............can't wait!!

a little question for anyone that might know, is the park an enclosed area only open when an event is on or is it an area that can be a pleasant sunday afternoon outing for my kids just to see everything without the masses!

millie
09-05-2006, 00:38
I am not going to Robbie this year but just wanted to say have a great time. I feel really sorry for those who managed to get good seats and now have to stand wherever. Sure it can't be helped though....

I saw Robbie at Murrayfield and thought he was amazing so I am sure the performance will make up for it!

Hope you all get somewhere to park OK. Either that or take a sleeping bag in the car and have a sleep in the car. By the time you get up the car park will be empty and you will be fresh for your drive home!!!

Lx

djdigitald
09-05-2006, 01:46
I am going on the 15th as well and am a little concerned about parking. Anyone got any ideas?

CarolAnn
09-05-2006, 17:27
Do NOT hold your breath guys, but I do know a lady who does B&B just round the corner from me (think she normally does week days only?) But I will ring her later and ask if she would do a special for the Robbie weekends, she may already? When I get the info, I will happily post on here, assume that is ok with John and Roger?:)
Bless you Paula, actually I have more rooms here[msnsmile2], not sure hubby would appreciate it though[msnwink]
Sarah, do you think I am made for it[msnwink]