PDA

View Full Version : Calabay Park

jovi
03-05-2006, 23:11
Only ever stayed on Lindfields, any comments on Calabay Park and time differences between the two communities?
Thanks

abbeyvillas
04-05-2006, 02:24
Hi Vicky,

Calabay Park is located on the US27, a popular area for the newer properties, just a few minutes from the Junction with the 192 so is only a short drive (5-10 mins) to the Disney Parks. Probably a similar travelling time to Linfields. The US27 also provides easy access to the I-4, Universal is about 25-30 minutes away.

Both are great locations, enjoy your vacation!

Pam & Jeanette

caroline
04-05-2006, 02:45
Vicky, we've just come back from Calabay I can post some community photos if that would help you.

domster
04-05-2006, 11:25
Calabay is a real nice community. When we were initially looking at buying this was our No1 choice.

jovi
04-05-2006, 15:13
Pictures would be great, thanks, it is a pick between two villas now.
One on calabay park and one on thousand Oaks. I like calabay, my brother likes Thousand Oaks!! Still not sure of dates, still to find out exam timetable:( Not sure if I want to go in July, but if that is when we have to go so be it. Just worried about how hot it will be and is this not hurricane season?

CarolAnn
04-05-2006, 22:50
Hi Vicky, we have also just returned from Calabay Parc (note the C) LOL:D I wouldn't have thought the difference in the communities distance to an ykey locations would be significant, I would certainly look at what your villa requirements are, pricing and such too:) Both communities have wonderful homes to choose from:) Best wishes with your choice. I wouldn't focus your mind on hurricane season too much, I had friends in the area throughout July and some in August last year, no issues at all! [8D]:)

caroline
05-05-2006, 00:55
Vicky, I've just emailed you some photos, hope you enjoy looking at them[8D]

sally tyler
16-05-2006, 21:53
Calabay Parc at Tower Lake is a newer community a bit further along the H27 and will offer a boating Lake, clubhouse etc. It will also be very close to Posner Park, the new centre for everything including restaurants and shops!

Very well worth looking at. Phase 1 has just finished and overlooks the lake.

caroline
16-05-2006, 21:59
Sally are the boating lake, clubhouse etc scheduled to be built and open anytime soon?

CarolAnn
16-05-2006, 22:33
Where exactly is it Sally, still not found it yet, would love to see how the building is coming on too:) I have obviously missed the sign/turning[msnwink]

sally tyler
17-05-2006, 00:02
Calabay Parc at Tower Lake is about 10 minutes further from Calabay Parc along the H27 on the opposite side of the road. I have been getting updates from people who own villas there and have been told that it is looking really nice now. The boating lake is already there and they are trying to find out when the clubhouse will be ready. There will also be a BBQ area and play areas etc. When we went out there it seemed by far the nicest place we saw. Phase 1 has just about been finished and phase 2 is about to start. It will be near to the new Posner Park.

Tracey K
17-05-2006, 01:51
Is the boating lake the lake that backs onto highway 27, on the left hand side, just before you reach the Walmart by Southern Dunes? I know we have looked out for the development every time we go down to Mannys but this is the only place we thought it might be?

caroline
17-05-2006, 01:54
That's where Tower Lake is, but I must admit I've never noticed any boats, can you hire them there?

Ian Dee
17-05-2006, 03:17
have you tried google maps as they give driving and times.

sally tyler
18-05-2006, 00:18
It is past Southern Dunes on the left but I'm not certain how far past.It's been a long time since we were last there.

Calabay Parc at Tower Lake is one of Florida’s newest executive gated vacation communities and is situated south of the interchange with the I4 & I27.As I said the first phase has nearly been completed and soon (Just trying to find out how soon)it will have a new lakeside clubhouse, nature trail, boat ramp, fishing dock, picnic area and will offer numerous water sports. It is only ten minutes away from the new to be built multi-million $ development at Posner Park which will provide fine dining, shopping, movie theatres and lots more.