PDA

View Full Version : wonderworks

charkyry
28-04-2006, 01:59
my kids have been checking out wonderworks website and want to go but the reviews ive read havent been favourable although they were a year old can any one tell me if it is going to be worth a visit[msnsmile]

blott
28-04-2006, 02:17
We went to Wonderworks and enjoyed it (mind you, we're adults!). However, there's quite a lot of interactive interesting stuff for kids to do (similar to a hands on science museum type of thing) and also a hurricane machine!

I would think it would be good for a couple of hours/half a day.

wrightbuxton
28-04-2006, 02:34
We went this Easter. My children are 13 and 8 and they enjoyed it. It is quite expensive though, I think the price was near $70 for the 4 of us and it really only takes a couple of hours to do it all. On the plus side though there were no queues to get on anything, even the design your own (and ride it) rollercoaster part. There were plenty of people waiting to go into the dinner show - it's a magic show with unlimited beer, wine, sodas and pizza after that you get to go into Wonderworks until it closes around midnight.

Julie

McjohnjM
28-04-2006, 17:33
We went to Wonderworks a couple of years ago when the girls were younger, probably 12 and 16 and really enjoyed it, the girls just loved the roller coaster ride and the hurrican machine, there's quite a lot of interactive interesting stuff for kids to do.
I would think it would be good for half a day, if you find it too expensive in there you can go in and out during the day so maybe go for an hour or so then go for lunch then go back if you want. It is just something differnt from the parks.

Kim

stabard
28-04-2006, 18:26
WE took our two boys at New Year (13 and 7). It is a bit like Eureka in Halifax or the SCience Museum. WE spent a half day there and the kids really enjoyed it. Lots of hands on stuff.

mizzy
28-04-2006, 18:30
we went last march on a rainy day, we managed to get discount coupons from one of the coupon brochures which made it a little cheaper

but my children age 11 and 8 and my nephews age 11 and 6 enjoyed disney quest more

Mizzy

TracyAndDean
14-05-2006, 14:37
We went in November last year with our then 5 year old son, he loved the hands on especially the large bubble making hoops!

LiesaAnna
14-05-2006, 18:06
it is a good place, it was funny, (only the jokie part not the seriousness) just had the troubles i think in Iraq and as we walked through the doors there is a camera that suddenly puts on a news bulliten it was about the house landing upside down, my hubby Steve was so shocked he had to stand and watch we were all trying to tell him what is what but he was very serious!!

Jill
14-05-2006, 18:39
We went in 2003 when our sons were 20 and 16 they both thought it was great and we spent far longer in there than we had anticipated. Stuart and I also had an enjoyable time.

Paula D-S
14-05-2006, 20:02
We took my daughter and neice a few years ago, they were both aged around 7 and they both enjoyed it. Lots of the voucher books you pick up in restaurants and walmart have discount vouchers in.
Is it Wonderworks or Ripleys that have the gurning mirror in.......yes we fell for it[msnwink]

farawayfan
14-05-2006, 22:54
We're trying to decide whether to do Wonderworks or the Science Center.

Anyone done both and recommend one way or the other or even if it's worth doing both of them.

thanks

dawsy
24-03-2007, 18:58
Hi, has anyone been to the magic dinner show? My kids are 11,9 and 5, my 9 year old loves magic, so it looks like it could be a good option, only prob is 5 year old doesn't eat pizza!

Is this value for money let me know please