PDA

View Full Version : If we choose

Maggie b
28-04-2006, 01:02
Hi if we choose to stay in a villa is there transfers from the airport to the villa and are there any buses to get you around.My daughter doesn't want to drive and wants to be able to go to resturants,pubs at night.She does a lot of driving over hear and just want 2 weeks away from driving.

heathercobbett
28-04-2006, 01:48
Maggie,please reconsider and hire a car.It will make your holiday so much more pleasurable and driving is easy in Florida

My husband hates driving in England but really enjoys it in Fla

Use the link at the top of the page for good all inclusive rates;we do

andrewandcarole
28-04-2006, 02:02
Hi Maggie

As Heather says driving in Florida is really easy and you really would be better to hire a car. However if you really don't want to always drive, then many communities run a shuttle service to the main Attractions.

Maybe have the best of both worlds - a car should you need it - but some days off too!

Carole

MarkJan
28-04-2006, 14:14
Definately worth using the link above for car hire. Have control over your own holiday. Even though I love driving in Florida as it is so easy compared to the UK, the car did stay on the drive a couple of days!

A hire car also gives you the opportunity to explore!

dawn
28-04-2006, 14:46
Maggie, I would agree if you can, hire a car, you don't have to use it all the time, but you will be so pleased you did if you want to pop out to the grocery store or anything

Twiglet
29-04-2006, 01:57
We are going to hire a car in Florida when we go, even though the thought of getting my head around driving on the other side of the road is freaking me out. I just don't know how I am going to manage it, but if the roads are like they are in Australia, huge wide roads, with very few roundabouts, then I think I might manage it. Plus everyone raves about it on here, so I am guessing its not THAT bad. [msnscared]

29-04-2006, 02:29
Driving in Florida is just so easy, don't even worry about it for a second, just take your time and its fine[msnwink]

Robert5988
29-04-2006, 02:36
If you want a villa - get a car. If not go to a hotel. It really is as simple as that.

There is no public transport as we know it. You will spend hours even getting shopping back to the villa without a car. Getting anywhere is a time-consuming chore. Even getting Taxis is not easy and will cost a fortune.

jo-anne
29-04-2006, 11:58
Hi Maggie
Please listen to owners advice here, about driving. Last October I went to Florida by myself and was really dreading having to drive - but I knew it was the best way to get around. Believe me when I say it was wonderfully easy. The roads are large and wide and the speeds are much slower so the whole experience is really relaxing. I hired my car with a SAT NAV which helped me enormously (after I worked out how to make him talk!!...thanks for the on the spot help Martin, in fact 'Tom Tom' quickly became my hoilday partner- I was sad to hand him back at the end of my trip!))
Take some time to think about it but you will love the freedom of the car and may struggle without one.
Jo-Anne