PDA

View Full Version : Buying suitcases

Susan J
27-04-2006, 23:12
I want to buy some lighter smaller cases - of the softsided type, but with wheels to pull along, and not too heavy. We have some brilliant suitcases now - they are Atlantic with lifetime guarantee - and they fit the world and his wife in [a necessary evil in Florida!], laptop and hand luggage clip to the front, and you are off, wheeling behind you......... however, we are going on a "road Trip" around Texas and places with friends this summer -all in one big Ford Excursion or Expedition or something and I don't wish to overtake the whole of the bootspace with our luggage!
So I want to buy some soft[like a sports holdall soft] decent cases with wheels etc
Has anybody bought /looked at any recently that they could recommend?
Thanks in advance

Snapper
27-04-2006, 23:24
Hi Susan,

Take a look at the Samsonite Spark/Ardour range. I have exactly the same set-up as you by the sounds of it. The Atlantic stuff is truly excellent, but the Samsonite isn't far behind in terms of quality and how it will last. They do something like 3 different sizes so you should find one that's perfect for your trip.

A top tip (for all luggage I guess) is to tape-up the bottom corners as soon as you get it. If you find some thick, black cloth tape you can make a neat job of it. It's the corners that usually take the most bashing in aircraft holds and once the tape starts to wear it's easy to touch it up. Better to lose a couple of bits of tape than lose the whole seam on the luggage.

If you get a chance the Six Flags theme park, Six Flags Over Texas, down by Dallas/Ft. Worth is well worth a visit. If you are over that way head for the Cattlemen's restaurant over by the Stockyards. The steaks are fantastic.

palmvillas
28-04-2006, 01:14
Take a look at Eagle Creek load warrior it is so light and everything fits in.A friend of ours bought one he is very happy with it and when our samsonite cases need replacing we will definatley buy one they are so light.If you look on the Rohan website you will be able to have a look at them.

Susan J
28-04-2006, 13:48
THank you for your help, guys [and yep the 6 flags is on the list to start with - will add the other place!!]
Rohan - saw Eagle Creek range, but no load warrior ?
Samsonite - had looked at that- and also the Antler Litestream looked good, so thanks :D