PDA

View Full Version : year holiday insurance

parrot 2
27-04-2006, 18:24
my family are moving to orlando in two weeks time and would like to get a years holiday insurance and then after that sort out insurance over there, but does anyone know of a good place to purchase this ????????

Sue and Jere
27-04-2006, 18:39
I always buy my yearly Insurance from http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

caroline
27-04-2006, 18:41
Be careful though, most annual travel insurance policies only cover trips up to 30 or 45 days. You can have multiple trips in the year but not one long one!

Sue and Jere
27-04-2006, 18:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Be careful though, most annual travel insurance policies only cover trips up to 30 or 45 days. You can have multiple trips in the year but not one long one!
[/quote]

Yes you are right Caroline ,not thinking straight today [msneek]

parrot 2
27-04-2006, 19:01
yes thats what i am finding only up to 45 days ....ill keep looking thanks [msnscared]

SunLover
27-04-2006, 19:14
You are really trying to use a travel insurance policy for the wrong circumstance (i.e. you will be residents not vacationers).

Be very careful, as if you have to make a claim, the chances are that your resident status may well void the travel policy.

steph_goodrum
27-04-2006, 19:45
You can bet if you made a claim after the first 45 days of arrival there would be absolutely no payout. First thing th insurance company would say is that you have withheld vital information from them. You would be asking them to assume the risk for 365 days rather than periods up to 30/45 days whatever the policy dictates, so their premium would obviously not be set to reflect this.

If you were to have a claim you are almost certainly going to be asked your arrival and intended departure dates.

This is one of the most important calculations imo that need to be assessed and factored into moving over there rather than just before relocating. Even if in relatively good health, accidents can happen to anyone and the dream will quickly be over if a hospital sends you a medical bill fo several K, they will do as much as possible to recover the money.

parrot 2
27-04-2006, 22:15
i agree, once they get out there in two weeks time they can sort out proper health insurance. i thought would just easier to go on holiday insurance but realise now this not good idea
[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
27-04-2006, 22:37
I think you will find that medical insurance is a VERY important insurance to have in the US, especially if you are about to move there on a permenant basis! Last week on holiday, a 4 hour visit to a hospital, has already cost $6000, and there is more to come yet! Don't gamble or skimp on this one! Get advice from someone who lives in the US, best wishes:)

andy and ann hales
29-04-2006, 13:23
all holiday insurance policys say you must be returning to your UK address.

SDJ
01-05-2006, 07:45
Hi

American Express offers 180 days in surance, also NatWest Black Card.

We had friends who lived in US on B1 B2 visas and returned to UK every 6 months for 1 month only. He had several occasions of being an in patient and she also had 3 occasions. They were both over 70 and Amex were fantastic even paying for her and a nurse to fly back to UK. They even insured her after that occasion much to their surprise. Unfortunately, they both passed away 18 months ago, but not without causing Amex large payouts.

I agree that you should be extremely careful where insurance is concerned especially in US as 'too much insurance will never be enough!!!. Enjoy your life in US.

Sandra