PDA

View Full Version : Craft shops

Maggie b
26-04-2006, 21:02
Hi dont know if this is the right place to post this question we have decided to stay at the rodeway inn on international drive could any one tell me if there is any craft shops around this area.I make hand made cards so would be looking for dies,ribbon ect:)

Southsider
26-04-2006, 21:03
There is a craft shop called Michaels that is close to the Florida Mall, they have a website too.
Also Joannes on US 192 is great for craft stuff.

E. Cosgrove
26-04-2006, 21:15
There is a Michaels at The Loop as well. The selection of craft stuff is amazing and card makers are not left out , there is a whole section devoted to card making.

Maggie b
26-04-2006, 21:19
:D:D:DYipee just what i wanted to hear.Cant wait to get over there now:)

emm
26-04-2006, 21:40
Walmart has quite a lot of craft stuff too. [msnsmile2]

wilfy
26-04-2006, 23:06
Maggie,
there is also a Michaels in a parade of shops at the Junction of International drive and grand national drive. If you head towards prime outlet mall (formerly belz) it's on the left side. You can see the sign from international drive. You can also pass onto hubby that there is a large bookshop next door with a coffee shop, which i can say serves a very nice latte'.

GrahamC
26-04-2006, 23:24
My MIL would spend most of her holiday in Michaels if she was allowed. The range of stuff they do is amazing, and so cheap. You will need an extra suitcase to bring it all home.

berni_richards
27-04-2006, 00:10
michaels is the best, my friend is really into making cards and she found michaels and that was it she had to go nearly every day, she had 2 pieces of new clothing all the rest was card making stuff.

Berni

millie
27-04-2006, 00:45
Michaels is fab! Its in the same area as Sweet Tomatoes which is lovely to eat. Walking round Michaels and buying craft stuff will give you an appetite!!!!!!!

I love the s[bad language filtered out] book things - I always buy a plain one and stickers etc so my girl can do a s[bad language filtered out] book of her holiday. V cheap prices too!

Lx

Cruella DeVilla
27-04-2006, 14:02
Wal*Mart is better value but not as much a selection as the dedicated stores.

ALR
27-04-2006, 14:54
Does anyone know a link to the Michael's website?

Thanks
ALR

steph_goodrum
27-04-2006, 14:58
www.michaels.com

one thing with the US they got onto the internet a lot quicker than us so it is always worth trying the name with www......com and many times that is the right one.

www.joanns.com

Have to agree Walmart is cheaper but not always as much in storck to choose from. My daughter and I picked up some 1/4" ribbon last time, about 10 different shades, complete reels for 25c a reel.

steph_goodrum
27-04-2006, 15:11
Maggie
If you aren't driving then you can get to the International Drive store using the I-ride trolley,

Maggie b
27-04-2006, 19:07
Thanks for the tips everyone think i will need extra suitcases to take home all my craft goodies:)

sammibabe
18-06-2006, 01:52
Just wanted to let you know how great the craft stuff is over there. Only got to Joannes as I found it a couple of days before I left but it was amazing. Closest I have been to here is Hobbycraft but so cheap. I bought a 10 x 8 s[bad language filtered out]book for $4. I contacted them via their website and they told me that if I let them know next time we are going they can send coupons to our vacation address.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
18-06-2006, 13:47
prepare for a long visit if you go to Joannes, its big!!
i bought lots of crafty things in walmart!! head staright for the aisles as soon as we get to florida!! about 2 or 4 aisles full!! its great!!

sammibabe
18-06-2006, 19:36
it wasn't bad language, honest. [msnembarrased] I typed in a type of book( not putting it in again obviously) that I had bought that you put your photos in!

steph_goodrum
18-06-2006, 21:57
Sammibabe
I'm always doing that as it's one of my hobbies too the way to get round it is to put in s-c-r-a-p-book It's the sequence of the 2nd-5th letters the filter objects to.:)

sammibabe
01-07-2006, 01:00
Have to remember that. I bought a couple as I have never had a go at s-c-r-a-p booking before so my first project is a book of our Florida holiday. What a great way to start! The patterned paper was on special offer at 29 cents a sheet - I bought loads. I don't think I'll have to buy any for years. There was Mickey paper and Snoopy too at 20cents. Fab.