PDA

View Full Version : Strange Law

Pegasus928
24-04-2006, 20:41
I read in a magazine yesterday that it against the law in Florida to sing in a public place whilst wearing a bathing suit. [msnscared]

It didn't say what the punishment was but I'm sure it would fit the crime (Singing anything by Crazy Frog or Eminem = life imprisonment for example)

Is this a one off or does anyone else know of any other crazy laws we should be aware of before falling foul of the State Troopers.

Pegasus

"Law abiding citizen who never sings in public - bathing suit or not!"

CarolAnn
24-04-2006, 22:43
New one on me? But I am guessing anything is possible[msneek] i always believe you should abide by the law of the country you visit..note to self, no singing in public!![msnoo]

E. Cosgrove
24-04-2006, 23:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
New one on me? But I am guessing anything is possible[msneek] i always believe you should abide by the law of the country you visit..note to self, no singing in public!![msnoo]
[/quote]
Not whilst wearing your bikini anyway, eh Carol[msnwink]

SunLover
24-04-2006, 23:18
Maybe the singing is to distract from the bathing costume ? [:O][:I];)

Ray&Sarah
24-04-2006, 23:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

Think i'll avoid doing that then Carol, imagine being arrested whilst in your bathing suit.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

cherylzw
25-04-2006, 00:23
I was reading a book, once, that had bizarre laws on the books in the US, from way back that are not enforced, just like the one you just mentioned above.

Some of the laws were really bizarre!!! [msneek]

Jules
27-04-2006, 01:10
It's against the law to sunbathe topless in Florida even in your own pool area. I wouldn't do it even if it was legal, I wouldn't want to frighten the neighbours![msneek]

We once rented a villa before we bought our own where the neighbours sunbathed starkers.They were in their 50's or early 60's and it really wasn't a pretty sight.[msnscared]

Homer
27-04-2006, 17:22
I Found a website that listed so many lunatic laws from the USA

A few below

Forida

One may not commit any "unnatural acts" with another person.
It is illegal to sell your children.
Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
Only the missionary position is legal.
You may not fart in a public place after 6 Pm.
It is considered an offense to shower naked.
You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

Alabama

It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
You must have windshield wipers on your car.
You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
Masks may not be worn in public.
Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

New York

Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing.
Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.

But we also have a few of our own!!!

United Kingdom

Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime.
Interfering with the mail or sleeping with the consort of the Queen is classed as treason, and as such, carries a maximum penalty of death.
Placing a postage stamp that bears the Queen (or King) upside down is considered treason.
You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.
You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.
It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.
London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.
Companies may vote in local elections.
Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.
During his reign, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of mince pies on Christmas day, as they were insufficiently Puritan.
It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.
Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

Pegasus928
27-04-2006, 22:55
So the next time I'm in Florida and find myself sat on an elephant in just my swimsuit, singing away - despite not having paid the parking fee - and it's after 6pm and I've had chilli for my tea that is now taking it's natural course, are you telling me that I am not allowed to sell my kids to help me pay the fine.
The world has gone mad [msnscared]

eagleydo
28-04-2006, 02:20
I think it is a bit late to be letting me know about the Florida Law on farting, my belief is that we have broken this law a few times. Will also try to remember in future the Law on parking my elephant .:D