PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Please come say hello.. I've missed this site!

Miranda
23-04-2006, 23:05
Hi all!

:) I've had a big overhall of my pc's a little while ago, so lost the book mark for this site :( but now, after serching... I've found it again! I'm looking at going back to Florida over Xmas this year for 3 weeks and I know how indispensable the info is from all the Florida fans on this site! And luckily, although I've not been a big contributor to the posts, I've found it again and sooo look forward to catching up on all the latest info and any deals that there might be going around.

We're looking to maybe doing a couple of days stop over in.. maybe Canada or New York. I'm pretty excited at the thought of going back to Florida, it will be our 4th time and now the kids are older, I won't have so much pressure on me to the 'Christmas thing' that's so important when they're younger.

It would be great to hear from anyone who could offer me a bit of advice or a friendly chat! I feel like I'm a beginner again as it's been a couple of years since we last went! so please help me to get going... I'd love to hear from you! [clap]

[beer]

steph_goodrum
23-04-2006, 23:26
Welcome back Miranda.

New York is a wonderful stopver for Christmas but depending on exactly when you plan to go the hotels can be quite expensive.

My daughter went there with her boyfriend last year and I know we shouldnt envy our children but I was a little green looking at her photos and hope to get over one year at that time. Flying indirect with most airlines you can use it as a stopover and not incur extra charges other than your hotel but will probably mean you have to break your return journey as well. They stopped a little outside Manhattan but it was only 10 mins on the subway and got a good deal through family connections so it was worth it for them (poor impoverished students they are).

Feel free to ask as much as you like and we'll do our best to help.

Miranda
23-04-2006, 23:42
That sounds great! We've always wanted to see NY, but Toronto sounds fascinating too as we could go see Niagra Falls. So we are definitely interested in doing an indirect flight. Some friends of ours have just returned after doing this and said it breaks the journey up as you get the chance to stretch your legs etc. So now my kids are a bit older, I wouldn't mind doing this so much. It's just a case of getting the right price and stop over destination.

My children are; Oliver age 17, Chantelle age 13 and Elliot age 10. They would be soo thrilled to go back. Not just for the parks either, as we have already done the Keys and they would love to go back there. But I'd also love to see some new places, Fort Lauderdale (I've already done Miami) and possibly the Naples area. A bit more West Coast would be nice. We would be finishing off in Orlando for the New Year, I've not been to Orlando over New Year, so advice on that would be really welcome too![clap]

Many thanks!

mfairhurst
24-04-2006, 02:27
WECOME BACK MIRANDA , We stayed at SYRACUSE 10 MINS BUS RIDE into NEW YORK CENTRE and the hotel we used was DOUBLE TREE and we got a good rate for 2 nights with breakfast , A friend got it of the internet and it is very handy to get around NEW YORK by under ground train cleaner than LONDON , hope you enjoy florida again MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Miranda
24-04-2006, 02:40
Thanks for the info Maureen! I'll look into the Double Tree.

pepsi
24-04-2006, 04:16
We have visited Orlando 4 times at New Year. Spent the first New Years Eve at Magic Kingdom and the other 3 at Epcot as we felt this was more appropriate as we had teenagers with us. The atmosphere is fantastic wherever you go - it really brings a lump to your throat when the clock reaches 12 o clock. We have also done New York at New Year's Eve - another great experience but it is cold there. I am sure you will really enjoy whatever you decide.

Lynnes
24-04-2006, 13:42
Hi and welcome back

Ray&Sarah
24-04-2006, 18:17
Welcome back Miranda, good to see you found us again.[msnsmile2]

McjohnjM
24-04-2006, 18:24
Hi and welcome back,
I know what you mean about the Christmas, we did our first Christmas away to Florida this year and it was great the girls were so much older so did not have to worry about Santa not visiting LOL. We spent New Years Eve in Epcot and although it did bring a lump to my throat the way they did the fire work display, I did feel as though they had let far too many people in, it was a 4 hour wait to get on anything. We spent Christmas morning at IOA,which was great we all went around in Santa hats and then back the villa for lunch. What ever you decide to do, have a great time.

Kim & John

Sue and Jere
24-04-2006, 18:34
Hi Miranda and welcome back [msnsmile2]

gail and david roberts
24-04-2006, 19:56
Hi and welcome Back

andrewandcarole
24-04-2006, 21:39
Hi Miranda - and welcome back!
I echo what has been said above - Epcot is fantastic for New Year.
And if you want to be spoilt on Christmas Day - do the Reniassance Hotel at Seaworld - excllent value (around $39 per head) with as much champagne as you can drink! Remember to book a taxi!
Carole

Daglish
24-04-2006, 23:32
Hello Miranda and welcome back.

Miranda
24-04-2006, 23:37
Wow! Thanks for that Carole! That sounds like an excellent price for Christmas day! Will definitely have a look at that!

Cheers!

reemur
25-04-2006, 02:24
Hi Miranda
Welcme back

Cowboy
25-04-2006, 23:21
Hi Miranda,
Welcome back. I also echo what has been said. Carole is correct about the Rennaisance but you will need to book in good time.

Mike and Kath.

Val
26-04-2006, 02:39
So pleased you found us again, the Rennaisance is so popular for Christmas that you will need to book early as already stated, but I am sure whatever you do you will enjoy.

Val