PDA

View Full Version : It's taking longer to load...

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 23:47
..is that because there is now so much on it?

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
22-02-2002, 23:56
Historically, the internet is horrendously slow from about 7pm Friday until Sunday late into the night, particularly if you only pay around £15 per month for access, the higher priced access packages are much faster, but really it may be just the traffic.

However, the forum is getting fuller and fuller, no doubt that will affect it? John will know better than me.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2002, 00:15
The amount of messages on the forum should not have any adverse effect on the speed. I suspect, as Jane quite rightly points out, it's just that the Internet is very busy this time of night.

Having said that, it seems a resonable speed from here (we have a broadband connection) so it might be down to your modem speed (assuming you are using a modem?).

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

orlandobabe
23-02-2002, 21:31
pages seem to be taking longer to load. I just thought it was because they are getting more filled up.
It doesn't seem to matter what time I log on (if I can get near the puter that is).

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
23-02-2002, 21:40
I notice you are on-line now - 17.30 Saturday afternoon. This is one of the most horrendous times of the week. If you have the Broadband connection and you are still experiencing delays you should contact them, however, if like me you are on a £15 per month package unfortunately, it will be slow.

The other option is to go to "pay as you go", ie you pay at Lo-call cost - this is much faster as not many people use it now as it can work out costly if you are on the net constantly.

ian
24-02-2002, 13:35
Yes I agree - so why do PC World, Time, Tiny etc, talk people into buying a much faster processor and to upgarde their systems, when most people only want to access the net? Your speed of access is mainly governed by the speed of the network you talk to.
ian

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-02-2002, 14:30
Exactly Ian.

You should have seen the speed improvement with net access when we swapped our old 56k modem for Broadband. It was like entering another world.

The amount of times I've been in PC World and seen some poor unsuspecting couple being fed a line by one of the assistants on how they need the latest Intel processor to make surfing the net a pleasurable experience! What a load of rubbish!

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas