PDA

View Full Version : Whats Cheap/good value

Cottons
23-04-2006, 00:26
Hi Everyone,

a lot is made of the shopping over in the US but can anyone tell me what is extremely good value over there ?

are there things which should be avaoided ? electronics perhaps ?

regards

mark & tracy

millie
23-04-2006, 00:41
Shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We bring backlots of everything when we go and most things are a bit of a bargain. My husband bought himself an ipod last time and the saving was huge.

Kids toys etc are fab value - we stocked up for birthday and christmas!!!!

My Mum and I usually have a case load of cosmetics and toilettries!!!!!!!

And shoes, bags - need I go on???????

We did bring a lot of Playmobil home as it was so cheap in comparison which is great if you have kids.

I think there are also lots where the saving is not as much and you probably will only really find that out by looking around. Remember to take the tax into account. They add that at the till and can make all the difference!

L

Kazzie
23-04-2006, 00:59
The other thing to remember is the duty free allowance which is not very much (cant remember offhand what it is currently). Legally, anything above and beyond should be declared at customs[msnwink]

Karen

GrahamC
23-04-2006, 01:17
The usuals are best, jeans, trainers t shirts etc. Try the Premium Outlets for designer labels.

Most things are better value. It depends what you want to buy.

CarolAnn
23-04-2006, 01:33
Shopping in Gap we find prices are in dollers what they are in pounds here!! My daughter loves Converse shoes and Vans, definately better from US, there is now a Converse shop at Lake Beauna Vista mall, and the Vans shop is right by the Vans skateboard park inside the Festival bay mall by Prime outlet mall.:D

E. Cosgrove
23-04-2006, 02:13
Liz Claiborne shoes, always buy at least 3 pairs[msneek]
Mitchum gel deodorant ( you can't get the gel type over here...at least I've never seen it)
Eveything in Bath and Body works....love it:D
Smoothie mix from Publix
Cheap watches $10 each from the carts in the malls, means you can have one to match every out fit and they are not bad quality either!!
I could go on but I might start to foam at the mouth[msnwink]

Paula D-S
23-04-2006, 02:53
I just love shopping for my daughters in Florida, remember if you are staying at a villa you won't need to take many clothes with you as most of them have washers and dryers.
For four of us I fill one suitcase and pack three inside each other, I always fill them in time to come home.
Jeans, sportswear, shoes and sunglasses (my downfall). I love the premium outlets, only two months and 19 days till I'm there again. Also depending on the age of your daughters there is a shop in premium outlets called Little Me, I have to be dragged out of this place kicking and screaming but it does cater for younger children.