PDA

View Full Version : Where to move?

sagex89
19-04-2006, 21:02
I was wondering where some good places to move in Florida. Not too expensive but not trashy either. A couple places i have considered is Daytona Beach, Sarasota, and Jacksonville. Any suggestions?

esprit
20-04-2006, 02:35
Daytona Beach is a hot spot, one of the ten fastest growing areas in the US never mind Florida in a list I saw last week. There are nice places nearby, Deltona, Deland, New Smryna Beach etc. I personally really like Sarasota. If I didnt do the job I do, I wouldnt mind moving there. No experience of Jacksonville. It is further north so the weather wont be quite so warm. If I was going up that way, I like St Augustine, But it really does depend a lot on what you are going to be doing.

flyrr100
07-05-2006, 16:20
I lived in Jacksonville. It's the largest city in the US. But don't be put off. It's the best kept secret in Florida. The beaches are great. Most of the new communities are South Jax. I was in Mandarin. A little crowded but good neighborhoods and schools. If you have kids stay away from Duval County. Look at St Johns and Clay counties. Their schools are far better.

abbeyvillas
08-05-2006, 01:45
This sort of thing depends on what you are going to do when you get there and your family make-up.
I personally love Sarasota but I think my kids would soon get bored. Maybe it's somewhere to consider when the kids have flown the nest and I don't have to go to work!
St Augustine is another of my favourite places - it has lots of character!
Hope wherever you choose works for you! Be happy!
Jeanette

SDJ
08-05-2006, 06:43
I love Sarasota and St. Augustine, plus Naples.

Sandra

chrizzy100
08-05-2006, 07:37
I agree with Abbeyville...kids get bored living in a small town...we have some of the best beaches in the US within a mile or so of our house...my son has not seen the sea in 5 years and its all around us...beach areas are great for the young ones....but not one of the kids leaving school in our area this year is staying here for long....

Ray9
30-05-2006, 08:02
Jacksonville has been Florida's murder capital for the past six years and 12 of the last 17 years, according to statistics from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.