PDA

View Full Version : Buying as owner/occupied

kmkerr
13-07-2003, 20:27
Need all help and insight on this subject. I currently live in So. Florida and would like to located to the Orlando area. The homes that I viewed were quite nice. They were all in rental areas. My question is, What are the pro,s and con,s about living in these area,s. i.e. different property tax structure,
Thanks in advance kmkerr

blott
13-07-2003, 21:06
Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you live permanently in a predominantly short term rental community, one of the more obvious disadvantages is that your neighbours will change every week or two!

Other than that, residential and short term rental communities are very similar. The property tax situation in any community for a resident means that you will get 25% Homestead allowance reduction on your tax whilst short term rental home owners pay the full property tax. If you are thinking of purchasing an ex short term rental property, then you'll find it has a pool and may come fully furnished (or not!).

We have full time residents on our community at Crescent Lakes, probably around a third to a half are full time residents.

chrizzy100
13-07-2003, 21:33
quote:Originally posted by blott

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you live permanently in a predominantly short term rental community, one of the more obvious disadvantages is that your neighbours will change every week or two!

Other than that, residential and short term rental communities are very similar. The property tax situation in any community for a resident means that you will get 25% Homestead allowance reduction on your tax whilst short term rental home owners pay the full property tax. If you are thinking of purchasing an ex short term rental property, then you'll find it has a pool and may come fully furnished (or not!).

We have full time residents on our community at Crescent Lakes, probably around a third to a half are full time residents.

I loved the idea of having a few new neigbours every week....I'll get to meet a few Brits.....I'll be able to talk real English again......lol