PDA

View Full Version : "Jobsworth" at Clearwater

bmwtouring
19-04-2006, 01:59
I have just returned from holiday in Orlando with a &#39;bee in my bonnet&#39; all because of a jobsworth of a <s>little hitler</s> sorry &#39;parking warden&#39;.

do you know it is an offence to park your car at the side of the road facing the wrong way, i didn&#39;t and it cost me a $25 dollar fine.

So beware if you park at Clearwater beach in a metered bay make sure you are pointing the right way.

I hope the mayor of London reads this, and doubles his efforts to get the congestion charge monies out of the embassy staff.

GRRRRRR:(

blott
19-04-2006, 02:52
I think it's the same rule over here in the UK on some roads and particularly at night. http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.htm#222

As you've unfortunately found out, it's always best to park the way of the traffic, just in case.

nreece
19-04-2006, 10:25
Yep, I'm afraid I did know, having been done on Clearwater Beach for exactly the same offence! And, I've also been done in London for parking in the wrong direction. So, finally, I've learnt not to do it!!

Ray&Sarah
19-04-2006, 11:50
We were warned of this on a recent visit to San Fransisco too, always best to park in the direction of the traffic.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-04-2006, 11:55
We already knew of this rule and always make sure we follow it. I think the same rule applies in the UK but people are more lenient about it here and hence a lot of people do not know about it :(.

Mags
19-04-2006, 12:16
It is the same rule in UK as it is in most countries, when we lived in Germany they were very strict about it.
It makes sense though especially in the dark, as you can see the reflectors with your headlights.

Katys Grandad
19-04-2006, 12:49
It is only an offence in England & Wales (I don't know about Scotland) to park on the 'wrong' side of the road during lighting up times. As others have said, even then it's not something that is enforced a lot over here.

Cruella DeVilla
19-04-2006, 13:28
It's the same over here.

Lynne S
19-04-2006, 15:55
They are very strict about this rule at Celebration too.

chrizzy100
19-04-2006, 17:46
Its the law up here in MA too...but the cops will ask you to turn around if they see you... before giving you a ticket...you need to know the driving laws of the State you are driving in to be safe...you can find this online...don't count on your hirecar company giving you all the info...

becbecs
19-04-2006, 18:16
Well thats good to know, as I tend to have a habbit of doing this. [msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

chrizzy100
19-04-2006, 18:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nreece
Yep, I'm afraid I did know, having been done on Clearwater Beach for exactly the same offence! And, I've also been done in London for parking in the wrong direction. So, finally, I've learnt not to do it!!
[/quote]

We have the same dinning table and chairs..[msnsmile2]