PDA

View Full Version : Another new forum member

jaynemills
13-07-2003, 17:37
Hi Everyone

I've been reading all your messages for ages and decided it was about time I said hi [^].

I'm a homeowner (Clear Creek) and I bought my villa in 2001. Had a really bad year the first year as I was very 'green' and left my management company to do my bookings! Although we had a guaranteed 35 weeks in our contract with them, in the small print it excluded 'items beyond their control'. I signed on the dotted line on Sept 9th, 2001..... Been doing my own bookings for 9 months now & although I'm not doing too bad, I get lots & lots of enquiries and don't seem to get many bookings. I probably answer in the region of 40 enquiries a month and I'm lucky if I get 1 reply back from these!

I don't know if that's the norm, or if I'm doing something terribly wrong![?]

I'd appreciate any useful suggestions from anyone.

Thanks
Jayne

florida4sun
13-07-2003, 18:04
Welcome to the boards:D
The enquiries to bookings conversion rate is low. You need a lot more than 40 per month to work on. I would say most get more than that in week and still only get a few replies.
Look at your standard reply carefully and ask yourself 'what would make me want to book the house'. How does uit compare with others. The wording can make a big difference. If you wnat to send it me me by PM I give you any advice I can (for what its worth).

Martin

Cowboy
13-07-2003, 21:29
Hi Jayne,
Just a courteous welcome to the forum. Glad you have been reading discussions etc. and now that you have made your first post I'm sure we all look forward to your participation.
I have found that members like Martin and those who have made numerous posts are a great benefit so don't be afraid to ask or contribute.

Mike.:):)

fiona
13-07-2003, 22:14
Welcome Jayne, and you signed on the dotted line on my birthday - so we've got a connection already!

It is very difficult to begin with, and don't worry we were also sold a pup by our then MC regarding guaranteed rentals. However, best thing we have done is take control ourselves (get a new MC for a start which took us over a year!), put my prices up - can't believe how, but my bookings have increased, intensify my website marketing and refine my answer to people until I feel I have got it right.

Many of us volunteered our sites and answers up for critiques, it's nerve-wracking, but any criticism is constructive and I think it is easy for us all to get stale in how we present things. I also read lots of pointers from these marketing bods in how to write sharp, succinct copy. Of course, this is also what I do for a living, so it all helps!

Anyway, I hope you will now feel empowered to post more, the more the merrier!:)

jaynemills
13-07-2003, 23:46
Thank you everyone for your replies I will send my standard reply to Martin, I am always open to constructive criticism! :)