PDA

View Full Version : Traveldoge American Way

burbs
16-04-2006, 21:40
We have booked a holiday to Orlando and we booked to stay at Travelodge Intl Drive, which has now changed its name to Travelodge American Way. Has anyone got any experiences of this hotel as we have searched a few sites and there are very conflicting stories from visitors.

Some say its dirty, horrible etc, others say it is very good and a bargain for the money.

Any advice to prepare us?

Thanks

christhear
16-04-2006, 22:45
Haven't stayed in that particular Travelodge in america. stayed in one in fort Lauderdale and would never stay in one again

Robert5988
16-04-2006, 22:58
Travelodges are not as nice as they are in UK.

I booked in one a while ago - never again - no specific knowledge of yours though.

florida4sun
16-04-2006, 23:06
I have stayed in one once, never again. Word of advice its your vacation, you work hard for it, pay a little extra and stay somewhere nice. The villas on this site are incredible value for money. No hotel can offer the same.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by burbs
We have booked a holiday to Orlando and we booked to stay at Travelodge Intl Drive, which has now changed its name to Travelodge American Way. Has anyone got any experiences of this hotel as we have searched a few sites and there are very conflicting stories from visitors.

Some say its dirty, horrible etc, others say it is very good and a bargain for the money.

Any advice to prepare us?

Thanks
[/quote]

Jo
17-04-2006, 01:47
We stayed in one for 5 nights when we were purchasing our villa. I agree with what was said. They do not compare to the UK ones - more like a B and B without the breakfast!

Even if you have been allocated accomodation as part of a package, you may want to consider upgrading to a villa.

The extra facilities will mean you spend less time having to go out to get away from your 4 walls of hotel room, and for example you can pack the fridge full of snacks , saving a fortune in bar prices.

And nothing beats breakfast on the pool deck, or watching the sun go down while the children splash in the pool.

Worth considering?

CCollins
22-07-2006, 01:09
We stayed in that very travelodge a few years ago (before we owned our villa)

It was HORRIBLE. Our room was dirty and smelt damp. I found out why the next morning!

We showered and went to our cases to get our clothes out and it appeared that bath leaked through the wall and all the carpets were SOAKING wet - this water also got into the clothes and suitcase.

Went to reception to complain and was 'upgraded'[msneek] to a Sleepy Bear room.

This was slightly better, but if you can change your accomodation then please do.

If not, complain the the room is not suitable and ask for an upgrade - at least in the upgraded room you get a fridge, microwave and a large living area!

Almost forgot - I used the laundrette and someone took my clothes out of the dryer (hadn't finished yet) and dumped then on the floor!
[msnmad]

heathercobbett
22-07-2006, 13:18
Quite often you can cancel American hotel rooms without penalty;hope you can this time.

Having paid out for air fares maybe it is worth biting the bullet anyway and booking a nice villa (you will save so much eating the odd meal in anyway,that you could make it work financially)

Also,in a hotel,you tend to be out spending money all the time,whereas in a house you are happy to stay around the house more enjoying your own pool and all the various luxury extras

The last 2 hotels we have stayed in we were kept awake by really noisy aircon,thank goodness it was only a night apiece

Hope it works for you

chrizzy100
22-07-2006, 17:47
Do you have the number of the Hotel..if you look up Travelodge In Drive..you get reports that are both really good...and not really that good...which could mean there are two or more Travelodge's in that area...

nicseg
22-09-2006, 15:34
Sorry but for me there is just no comparison when it comes to hotels and villas. I could give an endless list of why a villa is better but just think of the privacy, private pools and spas, endless free extras that a hotel would charge for. Really a villa is unbelievable good value for money.
Nic & Sue

chrizzy100
22-09-2006, 17:40
Sometimes people have already booked and can't change...so lets not upset anyone...

There are hotel forums on the net that give top class advice on places all over Orlando...
Anyone needing info just do a seach for hotel forums...

If a change can be made in a booking and anyone fancies trying out a rental home...there are hundreds of nice places that could work out good value for money....but no matter where you stay...and I do both types of holidays in FL...you're sure to have a great time....[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Macka
22-09-2006, 18:32
Here here Chrizzy.

davidrodgie
30-09-2006, 03:38
We stayed over night at the Travelodge Clearwater in August, the standard is no where near what it is here in the uk. Our room was ok but my sisters room smelt damp and was dirty, so pleased we were not staying any longer:(Great location though right on the beach.[msnoo]

mfairhurst
30-09-2006, 14:54
A lot of people stop in TRAVELODGE for a couple of nights and move to different places either in ORLANDO or to the coast ,We have not stop in TRAVELODGE ON I DRIVE stayed in HOLIDAY INN they are only basic accomodation no coffee maker so it pays to pay a little more .A villa is ideal as you can go back after the busy day at the parks so do not expect luxury in Travelodge .Look on web site for TRAVELODGE in us and it will show you rooms and what you get .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx