PDA

View Full Version : One night stay in Clearwater/St Petes

ali-uk
16-04-2006, 13:37
Hi
We are going to Florida in Sept 06, hubby would like to go to the beach to Clearwater or St Petes on the last weekend of Sept just for one night, go early Sat moring and come back late Sunday night.

Would love to have a villa but realise they dont do just one night only so it will have to be a hotel, we are a family of four and need an appartment type ot two rooms kids older now, we would kill each other if we were all in one room even for one night.[msncry]

We have never been to America, so please feel free to suggest a beach front good hotel please in either places. have read a few threads and really like the sound of walking out of the room on to the beach [msncool], thanks
Ali

Paula D-S
16-04-2006, 15:15
There are a few beachfront apartments advertised on these sites. If it's just one night you're after and you're not committed to exact dates you may have some luck.
www.orlandovillas.com
www.onlinefloridavillas.com

ali-uk
16-04-2006, 19:59
Thanks Caitlin

Will put a search in for beachfront apartments in Gulf coast and see what comes up up, would much prefer to stay in an appartment/villa than a hotel more room for us[msnsmile2]
ali

ali-uk
20-04-2006, 03:10
hi
I have put a search in and picked out two properties from above and e-mailed them with no luck.[msncry]
So i have been looking at hotels and have got it down to three,
The Hilton clear water £150 partial view,
The Don Cesar st Petes double room £140
The Marriot Suites by sand key quad room £ 170
These prices do seem a lot to me for one night.
We do want to go to the beach even for one day we have been to Jamaica and had a very small beach, where ever we have been we have never had a nice white beach, so really fancy doing this.
We do want to be able to walk from accomodation on to beach and be close enough everthing, which one would yo go for??
I'd really like your views.
Ali

Paula D-S
20-04-2006, 09:47
Hi Ali,

If you only want to go for a day why not just do a day trip.
This sites offers a day trip to clearwater which includes lunch and a boat trip and the use of hotel-beach facilities.
You get picked up from your community early and dropped off pretty late so you can make a full day of it without worrying about the drive home.
Have a look at this link.
http://www.park-tickets.com/other-parks/Clearwater_Beach_Day_Trip.aspx

Lynne S
20-04-2006, 12:06
It really makes you realise just what luxury you get for your money with a Florida villa[msnsmile2]
The day trip sounds like a good idea, we did the one to Miami and had a great time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ali-uk
hi
I have put a search in and picked out two properties from above and e-mailed them with no luck.[msncry]
So i have been looking at hotels and have got it down to three,
The Hilton clear water £150 partial view,
The Don Cesar st Petes double room £140
The Marriot Suites by sand key quad room £ 170
These prices do seem a lot to me for one night.
We do want to go to the beach even for one day we have been to Jamaica and had a very small beach, where ever we have been we have never had a nice white beach, so really fancy doing this.
We do want to be able to walk from accomodation on to beach and be close enough everthing, which one would yo go for??
I'd really like your views.
Ali
[/quote]

canarypam
21-04-2006, 01:47
The problem with only spending one night there,is, you can't normally check in until after 4.00pm and have to be out by about 11.00am you really need 2 nights to take advantage of a beach front hotel.

Suzy
28-04-2006, 16:24
We have stayed many years ago now at the Caprice Apartments on the beach. Very comfortable two bedrooms, try a web search and see if they come up, we visited for a day last year and they were still there.

Sue

02-06-2006, 11:54
We stayed here and its wonderful........

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200593162848_beach.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200593162917_hotel2.jpg

Tyreabusa
13-06-2006, 18:18
As above, The Sheraton Sand Key is the place to stay. I stayed there on every holiday I took for 12 years...........great staff with a professional attitude. Nothing is too much for them.

MarkJan
13-06-2006, 20:53
Nice sand. It's been a while since we went to Clearwater. [msnsad]

Vanessa
14-06-2006, 03:04
I agree-Sheraton Sand Key is wonderful, its too bad you only have 1 night.

Susan J
14-06-2006, 14:50
THe Hilton at Clearwater fills all your requests - we had a nice stay there.