PDA

View Full Version : Engagement ring

sunny guy
15-04-2006, 22:07
Hi all.
We are in Orlando in September and wonder if anyone can give advice on the purchase of an engagement ring.
Just to explain we are to marry in around two years and could wait until we visit the carribbean again next year where we could buy a ring in St Thomas or go for something this year if someone can recommend a place around Orlando at Carribbean prices.
Any help would be appriciated.

stuart
16-04-2006, 00:02
I've been very lucky to have had some very nice diamonds bought for me from Ultra Diamonds. They have a store in Premium Outlets. Take a look at the link below.
http://www.ultradiamonds.com/

Happy shopping[msnwink]

Kim

chrizzy100
16-04-2006, 02:47
You have to go to Kay...for no other reason than my sons best friends family own it and I wanted to name drop....LOL!

Congrats on the engagement ....[msnsmile2]

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?catalogId=10251&storeId=10251&langId=-1

andrewandcarole
16-04-2006, 03:12
Congratulations!

You'll for sure find a lovely ring in Florida.

The only thng to remember is that it'll be a dfferent carat gold to what you'll buy in the UK - so may be a good idea to buy the wedding ring at the same time.

Carole

KJH
16-04-2006, 03:45
Helzburg Diamonds at the Florida Mall have a good choice, other half bought me a diamond bridal set (2 rings) for our 20th un-wedding anniversary and got engaged at last.

Good quality and choice.

DaveL
16-04-2006, 11:19
Two important things to remember you will get charged 7% sales tax so see if anyone offers a refund if your are a visitor. Shops like Macy's do this so you may want to check them out.

If customs ever stop you the hallmark will show that it's a foreign purchase and they may ask for proof that you paid tax on the import.

Dave

andrewandcarole
16-04-2006, 11:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
Helzburg Diamonds at the Florida Mall have a good choice, other half bought me a diamond bridal set (2 rings) for our 20th un-wedding anniversary and got engaged at last.

Good quality and choice.
[/quote]

Congratulations Karen and John!

Is this to be another Glenbrook wedding?

It's becoming a trend!!![msnsmile]

Carole

KJH
16-04-2006, 17:20
Hi Carole

It's taken 20 years to get this far.......don't wan't to rush John,he likes to take everything in his stride.[msnwink]

Steviek
17-04-2006, 12:17
I was lucky enough to have a heart shaped diamond ring bought for me in the FLorida Mall. However, having brought it home I have found its very hard to get insurance cover because its not hallmarked

KJH
17-04-2006, 22:01
Mine's hallmaked and we were given a letter of authenticity for the diamonds and the grade etc, plus a picture of the rings was added to the insurance valuation by Helzburg Diamonds on the day we purchased.