PDA

View Full Version : Easter Opening?

somanyhands
11-04-2006, 00:40
Hi,
We're back off to Orlando again on Saturday (15th) and planned to do our main grocery shop on Sunday morning but it's just occurred to us that, being Easter sunday, the supermarkets could be closed??

We're staying at Highlands Reserve so were hoping to visit the new WalMart on the 27/192, does anybody know if it's open and, if it is, whether it will have restricted opening hours?

Many thanks!
Tracey

E. Cosgrove
11-04-2006, 01:20
If I remember correctly from last year, a lot of the grocery stores were closed Easter Sunday, we were quite surprised as we hadn't relised they would be.[msnsad]

11-04-2006, 01:28
We are off to New York and were informed that the shops maybe closed on Easter Sunday, whilst Easter Monday is not a holiday in the US[msnsmile]

Maz
12-04-2006, 16:47
Winn DIxie on the same road as the new Walmart but a bit further up - on the same side - was open on xmas day - so I would imagine will be open on Easter SUnday.

Debbie

somanyhands
12-04-2006, 17:21
Thanks!
I've spoken with the villa owner and she's made calls to the stores.
Apparently the nearby Publix is closed but the WalMart is open.
Fingers crossed that's correct!
Otherwise, good to know that the Wynn Dixie (that's the other one I was trying to remember the name of!) should be open!
Heck, it's tourist Orlando.... you'd think *somewhere* would be open, wouldn't you!!? :D