PDA

View Full Version : the holyland experince

britprincess
10-04-2006, 21:28
Just wondering has anyone been?
whats it like?
is it worth the money?
can you spend a full day there???

its an idea for this trip never been and don't know anyone who has!!!

i don't wanna waste a good day of shopping if its no good...lol

LiesaAnna
10-04-2006, 21:33
yep still there
http://www.theholylandexperience.com/

esprit
11-04-2006, 05:32
Yes I have, though it was years ago. It depends if you are religious as the place is very devout, most of the people there seemed to be and those that were seemed to really enjoy it, if you are not then it may not be the place for you, we arnt and am not sure whether we found the whole thing bemusing or embarassing. The shows are actually quite good, or were, its been three or four years since I was there, a bit like Jesus Christ Superstar or Godspell. And they have this place under a golden dome, the Scriptorium I think it is called where they have religious relics and tell religious history through the ages, that is an interactive exhibit and quite interesting and well done. I would not say it was a day long attraction, more like half a day unless you are interested in attending the talks etc. It is definitely a different sort of attraction for Orlando, they do try and make it fun but dont expect any roller coasters. I would think children, unless they are very religious, would be bored. The vaste majority of the people in there when I was there were American, middle to old aged and members of church groups which seem to arrive by the coach load. I would say go once just to see it, I certainly wouldnt want to go again though, once you have seen it you have seen it.
Not sure about the money, not even sure how much it costs now and we had a voucher.....

thornton
11-04-2006, 19:00
We went in November as we had friends staying with us who are religious and they wanted to go. Brian and I did not particulary enjoy it and were quite glad we had arrived late so half a day was quite enough for us. Our friends did enjoy it so if you are religious then go but I would say children would get easily bored.

Jill

chrisflowers
11-04-2006, 20:20
As it is on Conroy Road, why not mix it, with a trip to the Millenia Mall?

Go to the Apple Store and buy yourself a great computer that runs XP as well as OSX, followed by a fabulous meal at McCormick and Schmicks

britprincess
11-04-2006, 22:39
ooooh yeah thanks chris i forgot its near the millenia mall.....maybe a quick run round the holyland then off to the mall....[msnsmile2]

chris
30-04-2006, 16:41
I took my 15 and 16 year old last August (hubby and youngest were at Discovery Cove - cant find a green eyed monster smiley). It was 'interesting'. We are 'religious' but found it all rather twee, though daughter enjoyed the shows. We noticed half the cast were taking part in the service at First Baptist church on the Sunday (now that really is worth going to - the auditorium holds 6000 and the parking lot is divided into sections named after the fruits of the spirit (ie love, joy, peace etc instead of Goofy, Pluto etc at Disney!).
The bit they enjoyed most was the climbing wall.[msnwink]