PDA

View Full Version : Venetian Bay or Villas of Somerset?

marandy
08-04-2006, 22:33
Trying to decide whether to book Venetian Bay Villages or Villas of Somerset for two weeks in November this year. It's just for two people.
Has anyone been to both?
Is Venetian Bay close to restaurants?
Maybe we should have a week at each community!
I'd be very grateful for any advice.

esprit
09-04-2006, 02:03
Stayed at Villas of Somerset years ago when they were a lot newer than they are now and have intimate knowledge of Venetian Bay now and Venetian wins hands down. Much newer property, nice pool and clubhouse, within wlaking distance of 192, shops, restaurants, Osceola Sq Mall.

marandy
09-04-2006, 17:58
Esprit, thanks for that, I see from your profile that you live in Celebration so you obviously know the area well.
Another question for you - last year we stayed at Windsor Palms. Loved the apartment but felt that it was a bit far up the 192. Is Venetian Bay as far from Poinciana Blvd on the 192 going in the opposite direction? I thought of staying at Somerset Villas because it is near to Cumbrian Lakes where we stayed in 2004 which was an ideal location. Many thanks for your help.

esprit
10-04-2006, 04:34
It is just beyond Medieval Times, turn up alongside Bealls in the Osceola Sq Mall, it is only a few hundred yards up. I am rotten at gauging distances.