PDA

View Full Version : Proximity of Lake Berkley and Hamilton Reserves

JCallaway
11-07-2003, 17:47
Can anyone tell me if these two developments are across the street from each other? If so, do you know the name of the street? I have looked at the map and it appears that they are close, but I want to be sure.

Also, I am looking at a 3/2 in Hamilton Reserves because there doesn't seem to be anything small in Lake Berkley. Can you tell me if the neighborhoods are similar in age and style? I must choose between the 3/2 in HR and a 4/2 in Lake Berkley.

Please advise.
Thank You

blott
11-07-2003, 18:11
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I think I'm correct in saying that Hamilton's Reserve is on Siesta Lago Drive and Lake Berkeley is, by road, about a mile away off Oren Brown Road. Hamilton's Reserve is older than Lake Berkley (HR being about 10 years old and LB being about 3 years old).

Both communities have access to Highway 192, Siesta Lago comes out on Highway 192 opposite Rack Room Shoes and what was the Manufacturers' Outlet Mall (now Beall's Outlet Mall) and Oren Brown comes out beside Medieval Times and Wal-Mart.

I hope you mean that you are visiting the area before you purchase anything as both places are really different in style!

JCallaway
11-07-2003, 18:18
Thank you for the information. I am only coming to stay, not buying.

I noticed a considerable difference in the prices between the two developments, and since I have friends who have already booked in LB, I was wondering if the savings was worth taking a look at staying in the villa in HR.

You reply is very helpful. Thank you.

fiona
11-07-2003, 19:59
We stayed at Hamiltons Reserve the year we bought our villa. Lovely place, only downside was we were told it was against florida laws to swim after 9.00pm at night.

I suspect this is something that each community brings in, as we certainly hear the occasional pool party going on very late.

bellaepovera
12-07-2003, 00:17
Fiona, is that law in the private pool or community? As we live across the street in Chatham and I never heard that??

fiona
12-07-2003, 00:33
I've never heard of it before or since Pattie, I think they just didn't want to annoy their neighbours so put that rule in place. But it was written in the guidebook to the villa.

bellaepovera
12-07-2003, 07:41
I know the community pool here in Chatham has to be closed down by 9pm but the private ones you can go when ever you want, of course if you are loud and noisy you will probably have the cops banging at your door.

matey
28-10-2003, 18:05
Hi all

I have just returned from Orlando and I am in the process of buying a 3/2 villa in Hamilton Reserves. Does anyone have any advice

Tracy
31-10-2003, 00:48
We stayed on Hamiltons Reserve about three years ago and having young children we are always careful about the volume of noise whilst in the pool area in an evening.

Unfortunatley our neighbours at that time didn't have the same respect and were partying in the pool until the early hours. We were there with our three children, the youngest being 6 weeks old, so we needed some sleep and were hoping for a relaxing stay.

When we approached the occupants about the noise we were very rudely told that they had paid a great deal for the holiday and the home and they intended enjoying themselves !! There wasn't anything in our villa about not swimming after 9 and it was obviously not mentioned in theres. Our manual did stay that the community was a mix of STR and residential so could we please be considerate and remember that some of our neighbours may be getting up for work.

The community is lovely it was just unfortunate in that instance that we had some very inconsiderate neighbours.