PDA

View Full Version : visa granted

falcon
07-04-2006, 23:53
hiya i at last got my visa come :) do i have to go to a different gate on arrival in orlando? will i be asked why i have a visa in my passport? can i still be refused entry ?
thanks for all help and good advice in the past MIke

Michelle
08-04-2006, 03:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by falcon
hiya i at last got my visa come :) do i have to go to a different gate on arrival in orlando? will i be asked why i have a visa in my passport? can i still be refused entry ?
thanks for all help and good advice in the past MIke
[/quote]
No you do not go through different gate if you have a visa. Sometimes they may ask why you have a visitors visa, we have visas and so far we have only been asked once in the past 6 years. Beleive it or not at the end of the day it is still up to the immigration officer, which is actually said at the emmbassy when applying for visa. I personally have not heard of anyone not being allowed into USA if they have a visa, except if they have over stayed on previouse trip, then possibly then would not be allowed to stay.

esprit
08-04-2006, 03:19
You fill in a different form, an I-94 not an I-94W, may have to ask for one on the plane as they generally just dole out the visa waiver forms. Same gate. They can stop you entering if they have a reason, they can anyone on a visa waiver or on a visa, but if you have been granted a valid visa, why would they??

falcon
08-04-2006, 16:13
hiya guys thanks for that its just im an old women and worry a lot
cheers Mike