PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP: Is your blood AB Rhesus Positive?

Carla
11-07-2003, 02:14
A very good friend of mine has asked me to explore every avenue that I know of to see if her friend can be helped.

Please read this and contact me if you know of anyone who could help. The blood group is very rare, so I am trying to gain as much world-wide exposure for David's plight as possible. If you can think of anywhere else that I could post this message, then please let me know.

Hi Everyone

David Onions is a dear friend, in his early 50's who has discovered that he has Leukemia. This disease prevents his stem cells from re-generating as our own normal ones would, and as such, he is now forced to go for a blood transfusion once a week.

David, is the last person to worry and keeps telling everyone - I'll be alright. The simple things in life are what make Dave, originally from Coalbrookdale in the Midlands, happiest - from a sausage sandwich and the paper to boating and fishing on the beautiful Scottish lochs with his family.

What David needs now is a bone marrow transplant donor. Doctors have tested both his sisters for compatibility, however, both have returned negative results. Now, like others in his rare situation, Dave has to wait on a national register for a suitable donor to emerge. Meanwhile, his general health is beginning to deteriorate rapidly with more fatigue and weakness of the limbs with each passing day.

With the world wide web connecting people so efficiently today, and everyone willing to communicate with each other, I wondered if there was a way that we could try to find Dave the donor that he so urgently needs - and find one fast.

We need a modern day good Samaritan, someone who has the same blood type as Dave, who would be willing to give up several days of their time for a short hospital stay in order to donate the much needed cells. Males between the ages of 18-40 are the best candidates for the job, however, almost anyone can register as a donor.

The blood group we need to find is AB RHESUS POSITIVE.

If you know of anyone who has this very rare blood type and who would be willing to help to save the life of a good, hard working and honest person who is held dear in the hearts of all who know him then please let us know. The match may not be a perfect one, but we have to try to increase awareness to give Dave, and others like him, a chance to live a normal life.

For more information or to go ahead and join the register as a donor please go to www.anthonynolan.com which is a very informed and valuable site on every aspect of the subject.

Thank you for your time.

creative rom
29-02-2004, 14:56
hiya Carly,
Are you still looking for an AB positive

Nostromo
29-02-2004, 15:31
AB positive is not that rare. It is AB with Rhesus negative that is the rarest of all. Most medical institutions can provide AB +ve blood without too much trouble. Of course, there are other, minor, blood groups that can cause compatibility problems sometimes.