PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Flight with 1 year old

sundowner
05-04-2006, 20:45
We will be travelling with our 1 year old (she will be 1 the week before we travel), and wondering what experience or tips anyone can tell me about. There will be five adults and only one itsy, bitsy baby so surely it wont be too bad - It's a daytime flight so not sure she will sleep that much and have been told the sky cot is at the discretion of the check in staff as she will be over 1 year old when we fly.

Look forward to hints and tips to pass on.
Mary

05-04-2006, 21:06
To be honest none of mine ever slept in the skycot or the baby seat provided by Virgin, what they did like was if you do get a bulkhead seat by the window, I would put a blanket on the floor of the window seat and made a small play area there, obviously you can only do this when the seatbelt signs are switched off[msnwink]

Bring some new toys that the baby has never seen before and bring them out at different times when she is bored, also take lots of baby snacks and drinks, favourite blanket or cuddly toy etc[msnwink]

Paula D-S
05-04-2006, 23:11
My youngest was one when we first flew to Orlando. I know it costs but we got her her own seat and took her car seat on board, she was much more comfortable and slept all the way home.

Kazzie
05-04-2006, 23:39
I was under the impression that you couldnt have a bulkhead seat if you were travelling with infants or young children.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
To be honest none of mine ever slept in the skycot or the baby seat provided by Virgin, what they did like was if you do get a bulkhead seat by the window, I would put a blanket on the floor of the window seat and made a small play area there, obviously you can only do this when the seatbelt signs are switched off[msnwink]

Bring some new toys that the baby has never seen before and bring them out at different times when she is bored, also take lots of baby snacks and drinks, favourite blanket or cuddly toy etc[msnwink]
[/quote]

06-04-2006, 00:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
I was under the impression that you couldnt have a bulkhead seat if you were travelling with infants or young children.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]
[/quote]

No its the other way round - NON emergency bulkhead seats are only allocated at check in for parents with infants/small children and wheelchair passengers[msnsmile] You need the bulkhead to attach the sky cots to[msnwink]

Kazzie
06-04-2006, 04:02
Thanks Julie. I stand corrected.

Karen

sundowner
10-04-2006, 15:12
Does that mean we cannot pre-book bulk head seats on-line ??
Mary

10-04-2006, 15:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
Does that mean we cannot pre-book bulk head seats on-line ??
Mary

[/quote]

That's correct, as far as I am aware bulkhead seats are issued at check-in on day of departure.

sundowner
10-04-2006, 15:57
Thanks Julie, we will have to take our chances - if it's first come first served we better get there early.

10-04-2006, 16:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
Thanks Julie, we will have to take our chances - if it's first come first served we better get there early.
[/quote]

You can phone and ask them to put a bulkhead request in the system for you as you are travelling with a baby.

I am sure you will be fine, whenever any of mine were babies we always got the bulkhead seats[msnwink]