PDA

View Full Version : Weather

chrizzy100
10-07-2003, 20:37
My friends moved from here the Cape in Mass to Phoenix AZ...for work......its 115 there today.....its a great 75 here...I have windows open....no A/C.....:D

Have anyone here been in Fl when the real bad storms hit.....?

We made sure our Villa was away from water and on a small hill....I've seen the 6 ft floods that hit...and its not pretty...

Have any of your Villas had to stand up to high winds....my little wooden house here has.....we've been here with winds of around 60 miles an hour....and it lived through a few hurricanes.....
We looked at a few houses when we were in Orlando to buy......one was on a drainage pond they were calling a lake....that house would be flooded out big time in a large storm.......:(

fiona
10-07-2003, 21:14
It's been 31 here, down to 29 now! Can't remember what that converts into Fahrenheit but it's hot ..... my dogs are so glad they had their hair cut off 2 weeks ago - little baldies that they are.

chrizzy100
10-07-2003, 21:20
quote:Originally posted by fiona

It's been 31 here, down to 29 now! Can't remember what that converts into Fahrenheit but it's hot ..... my dogs are so glad they had their hair cut off 2 weeks ago - little baldies that they are.

We've had a few weeks of really humid weather.....97% from early morning.....but only in the 70-80's.....I hate putting the A/C on just to clear the house of the wet feeling.....I love having the windows open for fresh air....but you just can't...all the bedding feels wet....and the carpet.....the wood goes soft....and you have a bad hair day even after just washing it....I have great hair in FL...even with the heat...but it always looks unwashed here......:(

Gillian-B
11-07-2003, 03:39
Hopefully, if there are any bad storms around Florida, they will die out by the time they hit our villa (in fact, I'd rather they died out a long time before they got to land, but that's all too often not the case!).

Gillian

Kissyme
11-07-2003, 13:23
Hi Chrizzy
1st time we went to Florida (1996) I had packed all shorts T-sirts and swimmers for 10 of the 14 days we were there, we were on Flash flood warning, Landslide warning and Tornedo watch !!! The 2nd time we went 2 years later they had a freak drought with fires every where, we all had to be shown where the beaters were in case we discovered a fire in the grounds, they even threatened to cancel the fireworks at Disney and Epcot ! So we feel we have seen a wide range of Florida weather I personally like the massive raindrops that seem to arrive about 3.30 every day

chrizzy100
11-07-2003, 19:07
quote:Originally posted by Kissyme

Hi Chrizzy
1st time we went to Florida (1996) I had packed all shorts T-sirts and swimmers for 10 of the 14 days we were there, we were on Flash flood warning, Landslide warning and Tornedo watch !!! The 2nd time we went 2 years later they had a freak drought with fires every where, we all had to be shown where the beaters were in case we discovered a fire in the grounds, they even threatened to cancel the fireworks at Disney and Epcot ! So we feel we have seen a wide range of Florida weather I personally like the massive raindrops that seem to arrive about 3.30 every day

I love the afternoon rain in Orlando....we can go months here without any rain.....or like now get rain all day for days.....

The first time we were there...they'd had a floods....I worried about that buying a Villa...so I made sure I was up higher and that the rain washed down to some place else.....and not my living room...lol