PDA

View Full Version : Another new member!!

Snowball
10-07-2003, 20:17
Hi guys!! here I am another new member:D just thought I would say hello as myself and 3 other mates are off to sunny Florida in September for 14 days yippeeeee!!! counting every day, anything new happening there to see? not been since 2000 so would appreciate any advice re: cons etc...

Thanks

fiona
10-07-2003, 22:05
Welcome Snowball,

All I would say is plan to have 2 days on / 1 day off from the parks as you want to enjoy that pool and chill out a little! Work out where you want to visit and have a rough idea before you go, so you visit everything you want to.

Don't know if you like rollercoasters or what, but if you do I think a day at IoA would be in order!

Tracy
10-07-2003, 23:33
Welcome Snowball

You lucky thing only having 14 days to go, we have to wait until christmas until we next go. Islands of Adventure is our favourite, we really enjoy all the parks, but save IOA until last, we love the rollercoasters !!!

Don't forget the hearty breakfast before going to the parks - we also like Ponderosa, excellent choice and great value for money

esprit
11-07-2003, 00:15
Not been since 2000??? Wss the Ktaken open then? And Men in Black? And Rock n Roller Coaster?? Well even if so. there are some new rides such as Mission Space at Epcot, Shrek and Jimmy Neutron at Universal and Rhino Ralley at Busch and some old favourites such as King Kong and Hanna Barbera will be missing this time. Also dear old Cypress Gardens which has shut down. There is a new mall, the Mall of the Millenia ( was Premium Outlets open the last time you were there?) and doubtless lots of other new shops and restaurants particularly on 192 west of Disney and 27 which are really building up now.So you should have loads of new things to see and enjoy.

Snowball
11-07-2003, 14:27
Thanks for the info guys! can't wait am counting the days and staring longingly out of this tiny office. The Kraken was there when I last visited and I did try it out even got a T-Shirt saying cry babies don't ride the Kraken!! ha ha I cried all the way home, not doing that again boy what a whimp eh.. two of the friends I will be with will def be up for the rollercoaster but myself and another friend just to wimpy. We are staying at the Best Western Movie land opposite wet and Wilde I loved Wet and Wild didn't get to do Blizzard beach etc.. cause they were closed when we last went so they are definates this year. I have been told a few times that the ponderosa is the place to have breakfast and evening meal so will give them a try this time.