PDA

View Full Version : March Weather

DaveL
01-04-2006, 23:50
Well it seems as if March has just broken the current record for rainfall,....... The new record created last night at midnight is now zero.

That's right no measurable rainfall fell in the area for the whole of March 2006. This coupled with temperatures that have been in the 80's and 90's has meant that lots of areas that do not have sprinkler systems are looking very dry.

Everyone is now trying to guess just how long this is going to last?

I have copied the chart below for anyone that is interested in the detail.

Dave

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/DaveL/200641184957_Snap1.jpg

E. Cosgrove
02-04-2006, 01:29
Safe just to say March seems to have been glorious.
I am delighted for the guests but sorry for the grass[msncry]

pepsi
02-04-2006, 02:17
Apparently there is also no rain forcast for the foreseeable future either.

CarolAnn
02-04-2006, 02:19
I hope I will be saying this next week...but...the grass will grow soon enough[msnwink] Hurrah for warmer weather in March and no rain...sounds bliss, just got soaked putting the car in the garage, and it is SO DARK .[msnsad][msnsad] Roll on Monday!!![8D]

Kazzie
02-04-2006, 02:19
It seems that all the rain has been here in the UK then as we have had lots of it in the last few days.

Karen

Ray&Sarah
02-04-2006, 02:23
We really could use some rain at our villa, the grass was looking a bit brown 3 weeks ago.[msnoo][msneek]

chrizzy100
02-04-2006, 06:29
We had our first rain for ages in MA...or our part of the State anyway...sometime we go for 6 months without seeing a drop.....it smells lovely outside....most of our wet stuff comes in the form of snow....

Jules
02-04-2006, 11:29
I hope that it rains in Florida soon so that May will be glorious for my sons wedding. We picked May because it is usually dry, with all this unusual weather I hope it doesn't turn out to be a wash out.

Genie
02-04-2006, 11:36
I remember one year that we went they had not had any rain for so long all the waterways in Cyprus gardens had dried up !!! I wish it was like that here, I hate the rain.

DaveL
05-04-2006, 21:49
From todays Sentinel:-

Orlando is set to break a record today for its longest stretch without rain, which might last until Sunday or even longer and far outrun a record set more than three decades ago.

Today is expected to count as the 38th straight day without showers in the downtown Orlando area, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The previous longest duration of no precipitation in central Orlando was 37 days in April and May 1971.

Low-sailing clouds early Tuesday were much like what filled the sky on other recent mornings: a thin overcast that bore almost no chance of relief, said forecaster Tim Sedlock at the National Weather Service in Melbourne. There is a slight chance of rain Sunday.

No rain has been recorded since late February at Orlando Executive Airport, where the National Weather Service has kept rainfall records since 1948.