PDA

View Full Version : golf equipment

skinnerb
01-04-2006, 02:29
Hi

If my husband and son decide to have a game of golf (hoping to persuade them so daughter and I get more shopping time!), can they hire EVERYTHING they need including shoes? Do they need appropriate clothes or can they pitch up in holiday shorts?

Thanks

Barbara

PeteF
01-04-2006, 05:37
Hi Barbara,

Most of the courses will hire you a set(s) of clubs - I have even seen some voucher deals in the Edwin Watts golf shops where rental clubs are thrown in for nothing with the green fee.

Not sure about shoes but you can usually pick up a cheapish pair in Walmart for around $20-30 - even an open toe sandal type if they're really in the holiday mood! The majority of courses seem to have a dress code - no denims, beach shorts, trainers etc. and requiring a collared polo type shirt although tailored type shorts are OK. Again they will be able pick up the required type of clothing at somewhere like Walmart for much less than at home

fiona
01-04-2006, 13:41
You can hire clubs usually for about $25 a set, you will need golf shoes - although your son may get away with trainers, and as Pete said, shorts & polo shirts can be bought very reasonably from Wal-Mart or any one of the Outlets.

SteveW
03-04-2006, 12:44
Shoe hire is normally around $15.
I would have said club hire is more than $25 though... more like $40 on average but this may depend on the course.

We are playing in May and I know the club hire is $45. I looked at 4 or 5 courses (all very good courses) and this was the cheapest, although the green fee was not the cheapest !

I would say pack the shoes Barbara !

titansfan
18-05-2006, 01:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skinnerb
Hi

If my husband and son decide to have a game of golf (hoping to persuade them so daughter and I get more shopping time!), can they hire EVERYTHING they need including shoes? Do they need appropriate clothes or can they pitch up in holiday shorts?

Thanks

Barbara
[/quote]

I have seen coupons online for free golf club rental at Highlands Reserve Golf Course. I think it is on the website for Highlands Reserve.

MarkJan
18-05-2006, 02:19
For shoes, just go to Edwin Watts Golf or Nike Outlet in Orlando and buy a pair. $30 for a reasonable pair.