PDA

View Full Version : southern dunes golf and country

gerry67
30-03-2006, 15:15
Hi im going to southern dunes in june can anyone tell me a bit about it ie restaurants, shops, the golf course, golf course restaurant anty other helpful tips about it cheers

Lesley and John
30-03-2006, 17:23
Gerrarde,

This is a petty good overview of Southern Dunes
http://www.orlandovillas.com/orlando-villas/southern-dunes-golf-and-country-club.aspx

One very popular resturant just outside Southern Dunes on the US 27 (go out of Southern Dunes and turn left) is Mannys Chop house. You'll see some comments on it here
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_21131.asp

John

Fran19
30-03-2006, 18:53
Hello Gerrarde

As a villa owner on Southern Dunes I think I am biased but I think you will enjoy your time there. If you do a Google search for Southern Dunes Golf Course, you will be able to read all about the course. My husband and son have played on it and absolutely loved the course. I think it is rated #4 or #5 in Florida, so that shows how good it is! The clubhouse is very relaxing and upmarket and serves drinks and meals, only in the day time I believe. Maybe others can confirm that. (We only purchased our villa last year so not completely sure) but we have visited the clubhouse during the daytime and had very nice meals and drinks there. Nice staff too.

I'm not too sure of the local restaurants as we tend to go to our favourites which are a little drive away but I'm sure someone on here will let you know the rest.

Have a great holiday.[msncool][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

gerry67
30-03-2006, 19:09
Thanks for thie info i cant wait till june i will read through your comments later cheers

Lynnes
30-03-2006, 21:46
There are quite a few shops and restaurants around SD but I have to say mannys is our favourite.

chris c
30-03-2006, 21:57
Hello Gerrarde.

Lucky you!! You will have a fantastic time.

Of course, you must know about the 24 hour WalMart superstore just outside the community gates. You can buy just about anything there!
There is also a Winn Dixie, pharmacies and a bank.

The community has tennis courts which are free to use on a first come, first served basis, a weights room, fishing lake and small library.

Just opposite SD there is another restaurant called The All Star Bar & Grill which is quite good. Not as good as Manny's though! You really must give it a try.

Lynnes
10-04-2006, 20:29
There is also McDonalds and another fast food which I can't quite remember the name of. An off License and lots of little shops. Not far down the road is Eagle Ridge Mall - great for shopping.