PDA

View Full Version : The Everglades

championvillas
09-07-2003, 19:08
Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me. On our next trip in November we are looking to visit the Everglades, something we have never done before. I would appreciate some help of where we need to go to be able to do all the touristy things, air boat trip etc.

I would also appreciate it if anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a couple of nights with good quality accommodation for 4 adults.

Look forward to your responses.

Pauline

Chris7
09-07-2003, 22:15
Hi Pauline - how is someone with 7 villas a florida newbie?[:o)]

florida4sun
09-07-2003, 23:41
If you want to stay in the Everglades National Park, then the only accommodation is in Flamingo itself. [urlhttp://www.flamingolodge.com[/url]
There are no airboat ride as they damage the envirmonet pretty badly. All of the airboat rides are on private land at the edge of the national park
I have stayed in Flamingo and its ry basic but you are right out there. Plenty of boats trips. Night time we were pinned down by mosquites and could not leave the room (they are very mean mossies down there, I honestly belive that they like the tase of deet). Day time was no problem with mossies. Two days was more than enough to have a good look around. If you a twitcher youll love the place.

quote:Originally posted by championvillas

Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me. On our next trip in November we are looking to visit the Everglades, something we have never done before. I would appreciate some help of where we need to go to be able to do all the touristy things, air boat trip etc.

I would also appreciate it if anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a couple of nights with good quality accommodation for 4 adults.

Look forward to your responses.

Pauline

esprit
09-07-2003, 23:49
The alternative is to do the other end of the Glades which is on the Tamiami Trail parallel to Alligator Alley. We went to Shark Valley in January and there were loads of gators. The guided tour is very good. I wrote a report on it, search on gators. You can do an airboar trip. The indian reservations run them all the way along the Tamiami Trail just outside of the national park itself. No good quality accommodation really in the national park. We stayed in Naples and drove in each day. Very feasable.

florida4sun
10-07-2003, 06:34
This is the area I am talking about if you want to do airboat rides. As its all privately owned the airboats are free to run wherever. The ban is only enforcable inside the national park.

quote:Originally posted by esprit

The alternative is to do the other end of the Glades which is on the Tamiami Trail parallel to Alligator Alley. We went to Shark Valley in January and there were loads of gators. The guided tour is very good. I wrote a report on it, search on gators. You can do an airboar trip. The indian reservations run them all the way along the Tamiami Trail just outside of the national park itself. No good quality accommodation really in the national park. We stayed in Naples and drove in each day. Very feasable.

championvillas
10-07-2003, 13:04
quote:Originally posted by Chris7

Hi Pauline - how is someone with 7 villas a florida newbie?[:o)]

Hi Chris

Exactly!!! how do I change it?

Thanks everyone for your input and I think we will probably and find some accommodation in Naples and drive in as you suggest.

Pauline

esprit
10-07-2003, 14:22
YOU dont change it. It changes itself the more posts you put on!