PDA

View Full Version : Travelling With Non Relations?

arnie the armadillo
30-03-2006, 02:57
A bit of info please - due to travel from UK to Orlando in July with wife and daughter and we're also taking a family friend with us who is 15 years old.

Do they need to take any documentation (birth certificate etc) other than a passport with them?
Ta

Arnie

Paula D-S
30-03-2006, 02:59
My parents have always took my daughter and never encounted any problems (different surnames) After reading other threads I think it's advisable to have some sort of parental consent in case the child needs any medical treatment whilst on holiday.

Here is a link to another topic with further information http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_17678.asp

glasgowmary
30-03-2006, 14:07
hi we went in jan ad took my sons two friends aged 14, we weren 't asked for any documents but before we went i got thier parents to do a letter saying i had permission to take them and to sign for any medical emergency in any event we didn 't need this but just to be safe thought it better
mary

bellaepovera
30-03-2006, 15:07
I am also taking a 14 year old this summer and as long as they are 14 they can travel by themselves. Not sure on the rules at a younger age though.

arnie the armadillo
05-04-2006, 00:22
Thanks for the replys everyone:D

I think the idea about a letter will be a good idea.

Ta muchly[msnsmile2]

Got any ants?[:o)]

Arnie

Longland
13-04-2006, 02:25
We are taking a friend of our sons with us in May and just wondering if anyone has a sample of a concent form?
Thanks

andrew01
15-04-2006, 01:22
Last year my husband brought out my daughter's 14 year old friend.

He didnt take the letter of consent, they had 2 hours of interrogation.[msnembarrased]

I know it looked a bit suspicious just the two of them travelling .... from Gatwick to Frankfurt and then MCO [msnscared]

Better safe than sorry I would say.

Margaret

ianconway
20-04-2006, 16:35
I've previously travelled with First Choice from Glasgow. We take our niece with us every time. First Choice ask for a typed and signed letter of concent from the childs parent to confim that we have permission to take them into the US.

The last time we went, we where questioned whilst in the check in cue, by an airport offical who asked to see the consent letter.

I think it's better to have one to avoid any hassle.