PDA

View Full Version : if you had to choose one restaurant in Clearwater?

lck
30-03-2006, 01:20
We are taking a day trip from Disney to the Clearwater area. We're not sure exactly where we'll be yet, but are trying to narrow it down. We want to do the SeaScreamer, we want a beautiful beach, we like to collect shells and we want a nice dinner before we head back to the villa.

I've read here that Scully's is a good choice, as well as Julie's. What would you recommend for good food and good atmosphere? We'll have 2 adults, 2 daughters ages 9 and 13, one son 18. TIA [msnwink]

30-03-2006, 01:50
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2006329204933_listing_image.php3.jpg

Seafood & Sunsets at Julie’s

351 S. Gulfview Blvd.
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767

Local Phone: 727-441-2548
Fax: 727-298-8538

Seafood in a tropical, Key West setting, facing the Gulf. Dine inside or out. Enjoy spectacular sunsets.

Table with a view — Expect an air of Key West at Seafood & Sunsets at Julie's. The reasonably priced seafood selections range from charcoal-broiled mahi-mahi with Parmesan and herb sauce and bacon-wrapped barbecued shrimp to a tasty scallop sandwich and grilled shrimp salad. On clear nights, visitors and locals gather at the upstairs bar shortly before sunset to toast the end of the day. Since meals are cooked to order at this Clearwater Beach eatery, expect to sip a beverage or two while you wait. Entrees and sandwiches range from $6-$13.

Directions: Located 3 blocks S. of Pier 60.
Rates:
Rates on Request
Features: ADA Compliant, Children's Menu, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Outdoor Dining, Waterfront Dining

Meals Served: Dinner, Lunch

Payment Options: American Express, MasterCard, Visa

Sample Cuisine:
Menu Item 1: BBQ Shrimp - Shrimp wrapped in bacon and grilled - topped with our own BBQ sauce "our house specialty."
Menu Item 2: Grouper Oscar - Fresh baked grouper topped with crabmeat, asparagus and fresh hollandaise sauce.
Menu Item 3: Key West Mahi - Mahi broiled and topped with special sauce of sour cream, parmesan and herbs.
Menu Item 4: Grouper Sandwich - Fresh grouper, cooked "your way," topped with american cheese and choice of fries or homemade coleslaw.
Menu Item 5: Cuban Sandwich - Authenic Ybor-style, served hot-pressed with side order of black beans and rice.
Menu Item 6: "Julie's" Appetizer Platter - A house favorite featuring onion straws, fried alligator, conch fritters, BBQ shrimp and its own dippin' sauce.

Seating Capacity: 100

Serving Schedule:
Hours: Daily 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Happy hour: 3 - 6 p.m.

Well the name was a winner with me[msnwink]

I first went there in 1983 and try to go back every trip, I just love it!!!

SDJ
30-03-2006, 05:06
Hi

Totally agree, Julies is great. I even have a discount card as we used to go so much when we lived in Tampa Bay. Have not been now for over a year - seeing the menu and the picture I think I will just have to take a trip on our next visit in April. Thanks for reminding me.

Sandra

Ruth
30-03-2006, 06:24
Bahama Breeze for us:)We ate there once before catching our plane home and it was great[8D]

E. Cosgrove
31-03-2006, 17:55
Is Leverocks still there? we had a fantastic meal there on our first ever trip to Florida!![msnoo]

canarypam
31-03-2006, 18:23
Is Julie's still there ? Last time we went it looked like it had changed to another Frenchy's ?

SDJ
01-04-2006, 02:09
Yes, you are quite right - I had forgotten - it is now another Frenchys which is quite good also, but not the same as Julies!! I had better throw my discount card away - another era ended!

Sandra

01-04-2006, 02:19
Oh No when did that happen, I am gutted[msnsad]

andrewmckay5
01-04-2006, 02:34
Liz,
there's a Johhny Leverocks 5 minutes from us in Rotonda, our favourite.
andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Is Leverocks still there? we had a fantastic meal there on our first ever trip to Florida!![msnoo]
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
01-04-2006, 12:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Liz,
andrew

[/quote]
[/quote]Rotonda is on one of my places to visit Andrew purely and simply to stay in one of the gorgeous homes there!
Now I have another reason to visit![msnwink]

Ruth
01-04-2006, 17:57
Our favourite too:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Liz,
andrew
[/quote]

Mo Green
02-04-2006, 01:59
[/quote]

Just returned from Rotonda and visited Johnny Leverocks which was as good as ever. Apparently it is/was a franchise and most of the other restaurants have closed down apart from the Rotonda and one other. Can't remember where the other one was.

gez1golf
09-04-2006, 01:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lck
We are taking a day trip from Disney to the Clearwater area. We're not sure exactly where we'll be yet, but are trying to narrow it down. We want to do the SeaScreamer, we want a beautiful beach, we like to collect shells and we want a nice dinner before we head back to the villa.

I've read here that Scully's is a good choice, as well as Julie's. What would you recommend for good food and good atmosphere? We'll have 2 adults, 2 daughters ages 9 and 13, one son 18. TIA [msnwink]
[/quote]

HI,

...A fish restaurant called Shepherds. Absoloutly fantastic food. It is bufet so you are really spoilt for choice. We have allways been more than happy to eat here and everytime marvel at the choice and presntation. Do try it if you can.