PDA

View Full Version : Dine with Shamu how to book/

ali-uk
29-03-2006, 03:03
Hi

We want to do the dine with Shamu, and want to book before we go, i went on the Seaworld web site to book and was wondering before i did it can you book with anyone else but them?? Also it asks for special requests what should i ask for ?? near to the front etc...
Any thing else i need to know before i do book it, it works out about £85 for a family of four.
Thanks
Ali

CERICROWLEY
29-03-2006, 12:27
Ali

You can only book with Seaworld as far as I know, There is normally two sittings one in the afternoon and one in the evening, before shamu rocks america.

Special requests, they mean by diet etc, wheelchair access.

You can have ask much wine and beear as you like, and its a buffet type service, so you can go up as many times as you like as well.

We have been twice, with our friends that came over, in the afternoon and the evening, we prefer the evening meal better, but you have to make a quick dash across to the stadium to get a good seat, but I would avoid the wet zone at this time its too cold.

mizzy
29-03-2006, 13:19
we booked at the customer relations desk on entry into the park our seating was before the early evening show

the tables are in a semi circle around the water so no need to ask to be near the front because you will be, i would ask for one of the more central tables though rather than a one on the outside edge of the circle

Mizzy

pieman790
29-03-2006, 14:28
We rung and booked it through Sea world direct.
It does get busy and sometimes is a little like a cattle market when you are getting your food as its serve yourself buffet.
We must have gone on a bad day as we really didnt enjoy it that much.It took us almost 15 mins to queue for the food and when we got to the front of the queue they were starting on the puddings/cakes. The person looking after Shamu did nothing/said nothing other than the one time he got Shamu to jump up out of the water.Shamu was swimming around the small pool that looks onto the dining area but you could not see much.
We personally will not be going again and its not cheap.
On a plus side the waiter was excellent and one of our party had his birthday there. The waiter got everybody to sing Happy birthday but it would have been nice to have had shamus presence like they show on the promotion pictures/video

mizzy
29-03-2006, 16:20
you must have caught them on a bad day Neil

we found that there was virtually no queues for the food and the desserts were there on seperate tables at the same time as the main choices

there was a lovely trainer who answered all the little ones questions and we got some great pics

i agree with you it wasn't cheap but we did have an enjoyable time

one of our little ones was quite poorly (exhausted and flat out in a pushchair)so the server brought him a "i ate with shamu" t.shirt and cuddly Shamu because he wasn't eating anything, she also packed us some chocolate covered shamu cookies for the children to take back to the villa which i thought was very nice of her[msnsmile]

Mizzy

ali-uk
29-03-2006, 22:08
Hi All

Thanks for your replies, do any of you know ruffley what times are the afternoon and evening sittings it doesnt say on the web site? i think i would prefer the later one, if we are going for the day i would like to have lunch and tea there so a later sitting would be better. My friend went there and had lunch at one of the restaurants, said the fajitas they had there where the best she ever had.[msnwink]
Ali

mizzy
29-03-2006, 23:58
i think we ate early evening about 6.30/7pm

Mizzy

Disney Dreamer
31-03-2006, 18:36
Hi Ali,

On the couple occasions that we have been I think we ate at about 5ish, I know it was definately the first sitting. Our first time was a wonderful experience because the trainers got the whales to do some tricks for us and even brought the biggest whale out of the water onto a shallow shelf at the far end for some fantastic close up photo opportunites. But the second time was a real let down. We went with friends and had told them what a brilliant time we had had and this was a real must....despite the cost!! Then to our dismay the trainers didn't get the whales to do anything, they just threw them a couple of pieces of jelly that the whales just bobbed out of the water for. No interaction or question & answer opportunites, it was a real let down for us but our friends still thought it was good. Having said that the food was very good on both occasions, they do some great Shamu shapped cookies!!

Hope you have a great time.

Angela

ali-uk
03-05-2006, 03:16
Hi

Thanks for your replies, i have booked it:D. I was the first booking for the day that i wanted and the guy i spoke to said i could have the best table around the circle [msnwink] he said that there will be three shamu shows on that day for us to see, we will be eating between 4-6pm. really excited now:D
Ali

Eden
03-05-2006, 03:29
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"></span id="Comic Sans MS">
Hi Ali,

You won't be disappointed

My family and I went for my daughters 9th birthday surprise, everyone has a good view and the food was very nice. We also ordered a birthday cake which the waiter brought out after the meal and everyone sang Happy Birthday ! would definitely do it again. :)

arnie the armadillo
09-05-2006, 02:13
When you book do you have to pay there and then or do you pay on the day you visit?

Also has anyone booked via the Sea World website?

Thanks

Arnie

CERICROWLEY
09-05-2006, 10:49
Arnie

When we booked it was on the day. and they took a swipe of our credit card. but i think if you book in advance, they again swipe your credit card and wait til the day to charge for the meal. But Ali-UK might be able to tell you when her credit card statement comes through soon.

nicklangdon
14-05-2006, 22:41
We are going next week, when we booked it online they took the money straight away on our credit card, can't wait 4 days to go:D:D

ali-uk
15-05-2006, 00:06
Hi all
They have took the money from my credit card straight away, £88.48 that was for booking fee as well i did work it out to be £21 per person, i hope its worth it[msnwink]

nicklangdon
26-05-2006, 12:08
Just got back and i only have to say one word AWESOME!

MarkJan
26-05-2006, 12:12
Glad you had a good time, looks like another activity for teh "to do" list!

jackie greaves
26-05-2006, 17:00
Sounds like great fun. My 14 year old want to do it, but haven't got round to it yet. Maybe next time[msnsmile2]

cook22uk
25-08-2006, 18:30
We went to this 10th August - boiling hot day so was glad the tables are in the shade. They take a group photo on the way in (sittings were 3.30 and 6.30 and we had no choice which one) which we were not bothered about as there was no whale in the photo! Food was good - nice buffet with hot and cold food, salads, kids stuff like hot dogs and lots of puddings. Table was already laid with jugs of water and fruit punch then offered soft drinks or Budweiser all included. Trainer came out and started talking about how they train whales - this went on for quite a while maybe 10-15 mins and we were all a little bored. There were two whales swimming in and out of the pool and then the trainer rode around on one a couple of times and that was it. Another trainer was being shown how to do something and they all talked amongst themselves - that was basically it and we were really disappointed and plan to write to Seaworld about it. Also - our server was very nice but he only actually brought us a Sprite and a beer - we got our own food as it was a buffet. Then at the end he presented a plate on which was a sticker asking for a tip and suggesting 18% minimum. We did leave a tip but the server of the table behind us actually stood over them and asked for his which I thought was really rude of him. All in all very disappointing.