PDA

View Full Version : ipod question

jovi
27-03-2006, 23:16
I feel silly asking this, here goes my son has just told me he had his ipod pinched from school last Wednesday[}:)] he has just plucked up the courage to tell me, anyway where do I stand with Apple? Or if it can't be found ( he knows who had it and school are gonna try sort it out) do I just get on to our house insurance, I don't expect anything from Apple ( not their fault) Just wandered if anyone had been in same or similar situation.

Ray&Sarah
27-03-2006, 23:20
I think your best bet would be your house insurance, although I am sure Apple would sympathise I can't see them reimbursing you.[msnsmile]

27-03-2006, 23:20
I would try Apple as they do some times have a big heart, but we had a similar situation a few years ago with a walkman and claimed on our house insurance[msnwink]

Here's the link to Apples warranty for the iPod...........

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/ipodwarranty.html

To be honest I think high value gadgets should be banned from schools because this is a huge problem now.

My 16 y/o does not take her new Video iPod to school - too many get stolen[msnmad]

chrisflowers
27-03-2006, 23:30
House contents cover should be able to pay for this (depending on the size of the excess payment)

jovi
27-03-2006, 23:35
Thanks guys, tried apple and as I thought it is a no no, so if nothing is sorted then it is a phone call to house insurance.
thanks again.[clap]

truman
28-03-2006, 02:20
Hi Vicki
Sorry to hear about your son's ipod. Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Els

timfawson
29-03-2006, 13:22
This happened to one of ours as well, took it to school when he knew not to and it went missing from his bag from the locked locker room during P.E .

Tim went to the school knowing that it would never be found again was told that children should not bring expensive items to school and as Tim mentioned to the year head and deputy head and the head well can he come to school without his books then as they are well over 300 euro a term ?

We even went to the local police to report it missing knowing that it will never bee seen again

jovi
29-03-2006, 16:39
He has a meeting in school today with the teachers and lad who is most sure took it!! Makes me so angry:( This lad used to go to the junior school where I work, he wasnt much of a good kid then as I remember!! I'll let you know what happens, | don't hold out much hope though[V]

jovi
29-03-2006, 21:45
Well the meeting went ahead, whilst it was happening another ipod has been stolen from the same area, a friend whose son goes to the same school had his mobile pinched from the same area last Wednesday too!! So we are now in doubt as to wether this boy did take Adams ipod as he was in the meeting at the time too. Police are being called into the school tomorrow, I know it doesn't mean Adam will get his ipod back but something has to be done. It is nice that the school seems to be doing something about it.

glasgowmary
31-03-2006, 14:04
my sons friend also had his i- pod stolen at school and they filled in a form at the local police station than claimed on their house insurance who sent out a replacement i-pod , however my son had his pocket picked on a school trip to france and it was not reported to the police and when i tried to claim my insurance they said they thought it was unlikely they would pay up so i think itbest to report it and then speak to your insurance. ( even if the police know i think you still have to fill in this report ) good luck[8D]

pt cruiser
14-10-2007, 00:43
When you say multi charger, what do you mean, sorry for sounding so so stupid but i'm a complete technophobe[msnembarrased]. We are looking to get my son one in florida when we go next month, just wondering how you charge them when we get home.
Thanks
Teresa

sorry i've put this in the wrong topic, said i wasn't any good at this[msnembarrased]
I was just asking about charging the ipod once you are home

ellie
14-10-2007, 02:25
The new i-pod comes with a charger which you plug into your computer via a USB port, so it will work anywhere. No need to buy a separate charger.:)

14-10-2007, 02:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
When you say multi charger, what do you mean, sorry for sounding so so stupid but i'm a complete technophobe[msnembarrased]. We are looking to get my son one in florida when we go next month, just wondering how you charge them when we get home.
Thanks
Teresa

sorry i've put this in the wrong topic, said i wasn't any good at this[msnembarrased]
I was just asking about charging the ipod once you are home
[/quote]

ipods work on any voltage 110 - 240 so they can be charged in any country - they are designed to work anywhere in the world[msnwink] You can also buy a charger that plugs in the wall too so you don't need to always charge it via a USB[high5]

pt cruiser
14-10-2007, 03:23
Thanks Ellie and Julie. He's already writing down the songs he wants on it. Could i also ask where would be the best place to buy, i know they had a apple store in the mall of millenia, is it still there?
Teresa

chrisflowers
14-10-2007, 09:18
You can also buy a cheap USB charger for the cigarette lighter in a car. That is useful when driving around to be able to charge up your iPod, ready for when you get home to lie around the pool

14-10-2007, 14:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
Thanks Ellie and Julie. He's already writing down the songs he wants on it. Could i also ask where would be the best place to buy, i know they had a apple store in the mall of millenia, is it still there?
Teresa
[/quote]

Yes, definitely the Apple Store at either Millenia Mall or Florida Mall[msnsmile2]