PDA

View Full Version : communal appartments?

jovi
26-03-2006, 15:38
Hi, juat a general question, me and my family might be going back to Florida again in the near future, last time there was 12 of us if we go again there will be 14 and to be honest I don't think I could share a villa with them all again, I love my family but some people would not do their share!! If you know what I mean. The 3 times we have visited, we have noticed apartments on two levels with a shared pool for say 4 apartments, hope you understand what I mean[msnscared]! Does anyone know of such places and if so a name so I could check them out on the net.
Thanks[msnsmile2]

Rhosyn
26-03-2006, 16:44
Can't help on the apartments as we have always stayed in a villa, you could alway rent 2 villas close to each other or even next door.

TINAPETERS
26-03-2006, 16:52
You could look at the Communities which have a selection of Townhomes.
Regal Palms Resort has a large communal pool area with lazy river, waterslide, clubhouse, sportsbar, gym etc.
I'm sure some other owners will be along soon to tell you some more about their communities.

CarolAnn
26-03-2006, 18:07
Sorry we are really villa people too:) Though understand your perspective, think I would look for 2 or more villas as an option personally[msnwink]There are many villas on the same community so this could really suit your needs, seperate cars too I assume:DBest wishes

Lynne S
26-03-2006, 18:07
There are also Townhouses on Terra Verde & Lake Berkley. The 4 bed ones have their own pools and the 3 bed ones have a hot-tub. There is also a clubhouse with large communal pool and lots of other amenities.
We stayed in a 4 bed townhouse when we went over to close on our villa, it was very nice.

I'm sure there are a few other places with these facilities, look through the 3 sites and see what you can find.

Good luck

:)

Cruella DeVilla
26-03-2006, 19:24
How's about 2 villas nearby each other and then you can have down time from the rest of the party?

jovi
26-03-2006, 21:43
Thanks everyone, as there would be 14 next time we go, me my husband an our two kids will definately have a villa, we went last year with just mil and fil it was great
But for us all to go again and live together I don't think I could cope, there was a few of our family who went to go on holiday like the rest of us, but also expected the few who did do anything to run around after them, well I don't think so, MIL feels the same, so we were saying if we all did go again perhaps seperate apartments with shared pool would be the way to do it. But me and my 3 would defo have a villa perhaps close to the others, not too close though.[msnwink] [msnsmile2] Thanks again.

orlandodaze
26-03-2006, 23:26
I would go for two villas in the one community , close enough to enjoy each others company but not too close to drive you up the walls . Remember its your hard earned money you are spending on your holiday and you want to enjoy every minute .

chrizzy100
27-03-2006, 00:04
I'd never share again....I know how you feel..I don't go on hoilday to clear up after my own kids..let alone everyone elses..or to cook...make beds or wash clothes....I can stand living in the pig pen that my 2 kids make of a place in two weeks...more than that and I go slowly insane....[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Small townhomes with the messy people in the one with the pool maybe..remember if you have the only villa they will all come to your place and expect you to be left with the mess...if they are that kind of person...you could be picky on who you shared with...and put all the messy ones in one large villa....and you tidy ones in the smaller one...then just go round and leave them to clear up...

kaysvacationvilla
27-03-2006, 01:25
There are several townhomes listed on these sites. These may be an option for you. Ventian Bay Villages is another that has not been mentioned yet and there are great communal facilities.

jovi
27-03-2006, 01:29
[:O]:D:D:D[clap] good idea Chrizzy. I am a very tidy person, so automatically tidy up after everyone else[msnmad] can't help myself, that is all me and mil seemed to do last time we went, other couples have very unruly kids too, drove me mad, I'm not saying mine are angels but they know how far to go, we haven't got anything planned yet but maybe in a couple of years, so I wanted to know my stuff well beforehand.

chrizzy100
27-03-2006, 04:26
I've had years of sharing our holiday homes with others...and my mum clearing up after everyone all summer...she still does it now at 74....I always felt like I had to help her..even when I was very young...the first time we went in a hotel...I was about 30 something...it was like heaven...someone else did the clearing up....now if family stay in my villa...I just don't go in the room they use until the day they leave...we always eat out....and they have to bring enough clothes for everyday or learn to use the washer....if they want a maid they go book in a hotel...
I'm a very tidy person in my homes...but holidays I like to rest...that is why we never book with anyone else...it would be unfair to let them do all the clearing up...

You should be lucky enough to find a large and smaller villa near each other...good hunting.[msnsmile2]

markandpam
27-03-2006, 17:26
We have people staying in our villa this year that asked us to get another one close by for them. We managed to get the one next door and they are delighted. It would be worth checking out.

Pam.

GrahamC
27-03-2006, 18:06
I think that two villas on the same development would suit, but not close enough together that they keep coming round making a mess.

Good hunting when you are ready, I am sure you will find what you need.

Arby
29-03-2006, 18:49
Lake Marion Resort has the kind you are talking about. Try them.