PDA

View Full Version : evening meal and wishes

mizzy
22-03-2006, 01:47
can anyone give me some advice on this

last year on our first visit we didn't get to see "wishes"[msncry]

so for this next visit it's on our must do list

however, we would ideally like to have a character evening meal and then watch wishes from the restaurant maybe

is this possible and if so which restaurant would you reccommend?

Mizzy

floridageoff
22-03-2006, 02:45
I think the only restaurants where you can have dinner with the characters in Magic Kingdom is The Crystal Palace and The Liberty Tree Tavern. Neither of which will give you a good view of the fireworks. Much better to have your evening meal and then go outside to watch Wishes. You will see so much more - Tinkerbell flying throught the air, the music and the commentary all add to the experience. It's the best firework display we have ever seen!!

trevlad
22-03-2006, 10:29
tinkerbell flting thru the air reminded me of the shrek ride at universal. you are right the show was stunning - i'm off to make some waffles!!:D

mizzy
22-03-2006, 12:27
thanks Glenda

i know about the crystal palace but is it possible to watch from one of the disney hotels?

Mizzy

floridageoff
22-03-2006, 19:18
Two of the best view of "Wishes" from a Disney hotel restaurant are from the California Grill in The Contemporary Resort and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. There won't be any characters there and they are also quite expensive, I think. Good views of the fireworks also from the beach at the Polynesian Resort and the Grand Floridian which won't cost you anything but you would still be missing out on such a lot.

If you are in Magic Kingdom for Spectro Magic just stay a little longer and watch "Wishes" inside the park, it's well worth it!

ali-uk
29-03-2006, 03:17
Hi

I have just booked for Crystal palace the first Saturday we arrive at 5pm a little too early for the fireworks what a shame i never thought.
Ali[msnsmile2]

Maz
31-03-2006, 21:01
Both Crystal Palace and liberty tree are fab. Last time in liberty tree though staff were a but 'off'. Last time in crystal palace everything was fantastic - the food, the waiting staff, the characters (they seem to give more than expected) and the company. Can't wait to go again.

Debbie

Maz
31-03-2006, 21:04
p.s. wishes is amazing - we bought the cd - so the kids knew every word of the song and sang it almost continually for the whole holiday - and they still burst into the song now 3 months on.

Debbie

becbecs
14-10-2006, 15:16
Hi guys

Sorry to pester, We have booked in at the Liberty Tree Tavern in MK for our Christmas Day Meal. Looking at the comments it sounds like a very nice restaurant and that we have made a good choice, has anybody been recently and what are your views.

Jane

SandraBulmer
18-10-2006, 02:00
We have twice enjoyed a lovely character meal in Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary resort. After dinner, we found an outside balcony/stairwell on the restaurant level, looking right over to MK and fireworks. Must be a well-kept secret as there were only a handful of people joining us. A word of warning, though - find out what time the fireworks start and leave enough time to enjoy your meal. We almost missed them on our second visit. Admittedly it's not quite as thrilling as seeing it from within the park as you may not hear the music or see the little surprises. But still a little wow factor!