PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity

mizzy
21-03-2006, 01:54
i have noticed that there are some very unusual and interesting user names on here

so out of curiosity how did you come to choose your user name?

my user name is a childhood pet name from 'dizzy mizzy'

i got this name because i used to spin around until i felt sick[msneek][msnsmile2]

so how about your user name?

Mizzy

21-03-2006, 01:59
Think mine is obvious.......Ex Concorde stewardess Mach 2 twice the speed of sound[msnwink]

pepsi
21-03-2006, 02:35
My is named after our cat!!

Magical Dreams
21-03-2006, 02:37
Ours is our Villa Name

LiesaAnna
21-03-2006, 02:43
mine, my christian name and middle name together easy;)

Genie
21-03-2006, 02:49
The one I have on here is my " handle" from the old CB days ( 80's )and another that I use ( patonfield) is my kennel club affix.

charkyry
21-03-2006, 05:13
mine is a mix of my childrens names

Paula D-S
21-03-2006, 10:36
Mine is my eldest daughters name. I couldn't use my own

jovi
21-03-2006, 12:00
I like the band Bon Jovi:D

luckylady
21-03-2006, 13:01
When we bought our first home in Florida,I thought I was a very lucky lady
Soon after I became a member of the forum it seemed the obvious choice.
If I was choosing a name now I guess totally nuts would be more appropiate.
[msnwink][msnwink]

dolphinv
21-03-2006, 13:53
Our home is called Dolphin Villa, so I am dolphinv. When we bought our home the builder had the mosaic pool tiles on display and i just had to have the Dolphin[msnwink]Cost a small fortune but gave us a good name for the house[msnsmile2]

Sharon G
21-03-2006, 14:02
I'm boring!!!!....Mines just my old maiden name[msnsad]

...The one I wanted originally was already in use on here, so just chose a boring one instead!

dawn
21-03-2006, 14:09
Mine is pretty obvious!! Another one I use is Sunrise, which is another way of saying Dawn, and our villa is Villa Sunrise Dream, as it was my dream[msnembarrased]

Lynne S
21-03-2006, 14:12
Mine is also the name we have for our villa, we got Jade House from my daughter's middle name Jessica Jade. :)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-03-2006, 14:17
Mine's our own villa website name (we do not allow this for any other villa owners as it would be advertising but I'd already started the forums off with this username and everyone knew me as such so I did not want to change it).

becbecs
21-03-2006, 14:21
Becbecs is the nickname of our youngest daughter Rebecca. Bless

orlandodaze
21-03-2006, 15:17
I could not think of a good username so my son just gave me mine ,boring or what?.

KevinT
21-03-2006, 16:29
I think my parents gave me mine !!:D:D

stabard
21-03-2006, 17:02
Mine belongs to Lee really as it was his nickname when he worked for Ford motor company many moons ago.

pt cruiser
21-03-2006, 17:14
Me, i just love the pt cruiser car !
Teresa

owen3
21-03-2006, 18:50
Mine is after my first Grandchild.
Barbara

Benny24
21-03-2006, 20:10
Mine is a nick name from work (couldn't use my own in public!)[B)]
and the day of my birthday. ;)

Newhomebuyer
21-03-2006, 21:24
Mine is because I joined during my excitement just after I bought the house and now I don't want to change it.

Madabouttigger
21-03-2006, 21:29
I think you can possibly guess mine.....[msnsmile2]

Ruth
21-03-2006, 21:57
and mine[msnwink][msneek][msnembarrased]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
I think you can possibly guess mine.....[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Jo
21-03-2006, 22:54
I'm easily confused - so thought I would keep it simple.

If i could change it I would be Haycorns, which is our villa name, but i was in the forum before I even thought about buying. In fact I'd never been to Florida when I joined[msnoo]

What a good influence you have all been.[clap]

22-03-2006, 00:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jo
I'm easily confused - so thought I would keep it simple.

If i could change it I would be Haycorns, which is our villa name, but i was in the forum before I even thought about buying. In fact I'd never been to Florida when I joined[msnoo]

What a good influence you have all been.[clap]
[/quote]

You can change your user name, just ask John[msnwink] I did ages ago[clap]

eastcoastbranch
22-03-2006, 00:41
Our friends started calling us the "Eastcoastbranch" because we were from Edinburgh which is on the east coast of Scotland and they were from Glasgow which is the west of Scotland and we all owned property in Florida on the same community.
Hannah.

mizzy
22-03-2006, 17:31
some great replies

but Blott? come on spill the beans[msnsmile2]

Mizzy

mistert
22-03-2006, 19:27
"mistert" arose from a departmental nickname several years ago. Out of 6 staff we had two "Alan"'s. So the one whose name was Rickards, but was accidentally set up on the database as Richards, became "Viv" (after the legendary WI cricketer) & I (Alan Thomond)became Mr T (The A Team was popular back then!). Plus 'Mr T' was a lot easier for most people, rather than pronouncing my surname. Neither of us bore any resemblance to our namesakes, whatsoever!!

solanasunshine
22-03-2006, 20:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Think mine is obvious.......Ex Concorde stewardess Mach 2 twice the speed of sound[msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie,

I read in the Sunday Mail a couple of weeks ago that there is a club called mach2club who are all fetishists who love rubber, whips and other kinky things - I'm glad you have cleared your user name up for me [msnwink]

we are boring and just use the name of our villa. [msnsmile]

chrizzy100
22-03-2006, 21:00
Mine should have a short story because my name is Christine...but the first person to call me chrissy was my best friend ever...he died a long time ago in a moterbike crash...before that I'd just been Chris...when I got the internet years and years ago and went on yahoo...chrissy was gone so it turned to chrizzy...two thing remind me of him...one my nick name...the other Johnny Depp who he looked like...apart from eye colour that is..using chrissy keeps a small part of him alive...along with watching every Johnny Depp film...[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
22-03-2006, 21:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by solanasunshine
[/quote]

I read in the Sunday Mail a couple of weeks ago that there is a club called mach2club who are all fetishists who love rubber, whips and other kinky things - I'm glad you have cleared your user name up for me [msnwink]

[/quote]

just looked on google, :D some funny ones in there regarding mach2, we all know its concorde!!

22-03-2006, 22:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by solanasunshine
[/quote]

Julie,

[/quote]

OMG!!! Really?? You didn't think I was a member I hope[msnembarrased]

LiesaAnna
22-03-2006, 22:45
NO[msnwink] have a look theyre so funny:D

22-03-2006, 22:53
No not into rubber - don't like the smell[msneek]

Just to prove it to you this is me at the front door of Concorde![msnsmile]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2005423155930_cashew.jpg

Cruella DeVilla
22-03-2006, 23:37
Well me, guess I am a bit of a villian!

I had a mug at work with Cruella on it from the Disney store years ago and it sort of stuck and when we bought the villa it just sort of lengthened to Cruella DeVilla, but on here I shortened it to CDV. (I am a big softie really)![}:)]

chrizzy100
22-03-2006, 23:54

[/quote]

Did you every travel with a young disabled lad called Mark...it may seem silly to ask...but he would book a lot of seats for his family...I have no idea when he stopped traveling to the US because he was too ill...its just a long shot that you may of known him...his uncle work on the building and design of concorde so I thought it may have stuck in your head...

22-03-2006, 23:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[/quote]

Did you every travel with a young disabled lad called Mark...it may seem silly to ask...but he would book a lot of seats for his family...I have no idea when he stopped traveling to the US because he was too ill...its just a long shot that you may of known him...his uncle work on the building and design of concorde so I thought it may have stuck in your head...
[/quote]

No sorry Chrizzy it does not ring any bells[msnsad]

chrizzy100
23-03-2006, 00:07
I just thought I'd ask...he always said the staff were so good on the fight...but after having a few major ops he could no longer travel...[msnsad]

23-03-2006, 00:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I just thought I'd ask...he always said the staff were so good on the fight...but after having a few major ops he could no longer travel...[msnsad]
[/quote]

Ah that's sad[msnsad]

Kissyme
23-03-2006, 00:42
Mines just the wrong spelling of Kissimmee at the time I thought it was clever and its where we always stay when were over

SDJ
25-03-2006, 04:35
Again, mine is just my boring initials!

Sandra