PDA

View Full Version : Hot tub/jacuzzi

timmy
07-07-2003, 23:54
Do villa renters really want a hot tub?

what are the pros and cons of have having a hot tub? Do renters really want one in a hot climate such as Florida? I can understand the desire for one say in Canada in the winter but why FLorida. For Florida winters you have a lovely heated pool, and in the hot summers you want a cool pool to dip into.

So why would a potential renter want a hot tub?

And aren't they expensive to run and maintain?

chrizzy100
08-07-2003, 00:20
quote:Originally posted by timmy

what are the pros and cons of have having a hot tub? Do renters really want one in a hot climate such as Florida? I can understand the desire for one say in Canada in the winter but why FLorida. For Florida winters you have a lovely heated pool, and in the hot summers you want a cool pool to dip into.

Mostly for pain.... ...not matter how hot it is after days of walking round the parks a hot tub would be a must have thing for me.......you also have great cool evenings in winter.....there's nothing better then using a hot tub under the stars when it cool outside......a pool don't come close....:D

chrizzy100
08-07-2003, 00:31

Mine costs about $7 a month to run in summer maybe $10 in winter but we have real cold winters .....I use it everyday.... even in the high 90's......
Everything else you need to keep in clean costs me around $20-30 a year....it adds penny to my water bill....
I think your costs would come in the MC cleaning it.....you may have the same rules as hotels.....but it looks like lots of people renting out have them......hot tubs are the best things in the world.....hehehehehehe

florida4sun
08-07-2003, 00:32
Certainly helps to get bookings. Most homes have the built into the pool filter system so they cost nothing extra in chemicals. Standalone ones are nice but do need extra care, the breakers are also prone to tripping out due to static.

Martin

athurstance
08-07-2003, 00:40
I love mine - it is wonderful after a busy day walking. You don't have to have it boiling hot - a nice warm is ideal for just relaxing in and you can stay in so much longer.
It is a big plus for renting aswell in my opinion. My next plan is to get one at home although in the UK weather that one will have to be very very hot for me to sit in it outside.

chrizzy100
08-07-2003, 00:50
quote:Originally posted by athurstance

I love mine - it is wonderful after a busy day walking. You don't have to have it boiling hot - a nice warm is ideal for just relaxing in and you can stay in so much longer.
It is a big plus for renting aswell in my opinion. My next plan is to get one at home although in the UK weather that one will have to be very very hot for me to sit in it outside.

We have an indoor one...but in a FL room....that means all the doors open all the way round to make it seem like your outside.....
We have no heating out there so its real cold in the winter....way below 0....thats the best time....I've had a spa bath put in the villa till I know what I want to do outside.....but I know its going to be nowhere near the same.....

athurstance
08-07-2003, 01:03
What a great idea. We had thought of putting it in a building but liked the idea of being outside but the open windows idea sounds perfect.

chrizzy100
08-07-2003, 01:09

What a great idea. We had thought of putting it in a building but liked the idea of being outside but the open windows idea sounds perfect.

I have a link on my profile...with some pic's in it....:D

we only have a small tub in it...so it gives me room for other things.....like a stove if its real cold......a real fire ...snow outside.....and a hot tub..it gets no better....unless its cool weather under the stars in Orlando.....:D

athurstance
08-07-2003, 01:36
I had a look at your photos. It looks really good. We were in Boston and Sunday River for New Year skiing. Fabulous place - brings back memories looking at all the snow in your photos.

chrizzy100
08-07-2003, 01:47

I had a look at your photos. It looks really good. We were in Boston and Sunday River for New Year skiing. Fabulous place - brings back memories looking at all the snow in your photos.

We had 6 ft of snow this year.....and 3ft on the roof....we had to get this snow remover with a really long handle to get the snow off..or we could of lost the roof....I love it here spring and fall....winters nice if it snows.....but the summer is very humid....97% most days......:(

Gillian-B
08-07-2003, 23:02
If we don't already have a hot tub (but think it'll be a great idea), is it really worth having one built?

We had a quote last year for extending the deck (which we were told would also mean having to have a pool safety net as the screen was being moved) and building a spa - total cost over $15,000! This seemed like an awful lot of money :(.

As this price was for a custom-built hot-tub, we have tried to find someone who can do the same thing but with an acrylic "drop-in" spa. However, we don't have any recommendations of companies and don't know how good the acrylic spas are.

One more point, is it correct that you cannot extend your screen beyond the line of the house (even if "Florida glass" is used on the bit that faces the road)?

Can anyone help?

Gillian

chrizzy100
09-07-2003, 19:05
quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

If we don't already have a hot tub (but think it'll be a great idea), is it really worth having one built?

We had a quote last year for extending the deck (which we were told would also mean having to have a pool safety net as the screen was being moved) and building a spa - total cost over $15,000! This seemed like an awful lot of money :(.

As this price was for a custom-built hot-tub, we have tried to find someone who can do the same thing but with an acrylic "drop-in" spa. However, we don't have any recommendations of companies and don't know how good the acrylic spas are.

One more point, is it correct that you cannot extend your screen beyond the line of the house (even if "Florida glass" is used on the bit that faces the road)?

Can anyone help?

Gillian

If its going to be $15,000.. and that does seems a ton of money I'd not do it for guests.....if you want one for when your there...why not buy a two person above ground thats about $3,000 and you just plug it into the outside plugs you already have....it needs no other wiring.....
Yes most hot tubs do need hottub wiring....but our one don't.......:)
You can lock it up when guests are there.....

KingKong
09-07-2003, 21:44
Hot tubs are all the rage in the canary islands where i live at the moment and i dont wanna get ripped off when i eventually get one.

I just had a quote for a 4 seater hot tub at the price of 8000 dollars .

Is this expensive?

The web site of the company is www.hotspringcanaries.com .It is run by a pal i know but pal or not he woill still over charge me if he can
[}:)]

chrizzy100
09-07-2003, 21:55
quote:Originally posted by KingKong

Hot tubs are all the rage in the canary islands where i live at the moment and i dont wanna get ripped off when i eventually get one.

Is this expensive?

The web site of the company is www.hotspringcanaries.com .It is run by a pal i know but pal or not he woill still over charge me if he can

Our tubs from hot springs.....its in one of the pic's on that site.....

That does sound high...but I've not looked around for a tub for about 3 years....our 2 person one was just under $3,000...3 years ago...
I don't think I'd pay over $6,000 myself.....but hotsprings is a good company....are you having the tub fully loaded for that price...?

chrizzy100
09-07-2003, 22:03

Is this expensive?

They don't give you prices on any site I've looked at........if you give me the name of the tub you're looking at......I have friends who own a company here and I have to go there this weekend.....I could see what they sale it for....everything costs more here than anywhere else in the USA.....so if the same tub is cheaper here....I'd look somewhere else for yours....but then the extra cost could be because of where you live.....

KingKong
10-07-2003, 01:50
Lo chrizzy,

Fully loaded?whats that mean? including steps etc?

Installation and delivery is an extra 300 dollars i do know.

I am just fishing about at the moment as there are 4 hot tub companies over here( haggling is great all four companies out bidding each other so the commission must be HUGE).

But seeing as my pal runs one of them i know i can negotiate a good price if need be(hope so).

I just need to know what a good price is though:Dor i will be happily paying over the odds with a sucker badge on my head.

The pal gets his stock sent over in big containers from the USA.

I am basically looking for a cheapy 4 seater with loads of luverly jets:D

A cheapy 6 seater with all the bits would be nice as well:)

I basically havent got a clue and havent done much research yet as my purchase isnt gonna be for a couple of months so no stress but if you have the average price for a cool 4 and 6 seater tub from yer mates it will be greatly appreciated .

[:o)]:o)]

chrizzy100
10-07-2003, 02:12

Lo chrizzy,

Fully loaded?whats that mean? including steps etc?

Installation and delivery is an extra 300 dollars i do know.

I am just fishing about at the moment as there are 4 hot tub companies over here( haggling is great all four companies out bidding each other so the commission must be HUGE).

But seeing as my pal runs one of them i know i can negotiate a good price if need be(hope so).

I just need to know what a good price is though:Dor i will be happily paying over the odds with a sucker badge on my head.

The pal gets his stock sent over in big containers from the USA.

I am basically looking for a cheapy 4 seater with loads of luverly jets:D

A cheapy 6 seater with all the bits would be nice as well:)

I basically havent got a clue and havent done much research yet as my purchase isnt gonna be for a couple of months so no stress but if you have the average price for a cool 4 and 6 seater tub from yer mates it will be greatly appreciated .

[:o)]:o)]

Fully loaded....extra jets if needed....extra lights....steps....lid remover....here
Installation is in the price of the tub....we don't pay extra.....

Alot of your extra costs could be in import.....if their shipped over from the states....I'll cost up the tubs here....and get back....:)

orlandobabe
14-07-2003, 23:15
We bought a hot tub for our home in the UK in March this year. It's outside on our decking. It gets heated to 102degrees and it's lovely.

It's just a pretty basic 5ft circular tub with cover with about 120 air jets inside. It holds about 170 gallons of water.

It's made by the canadian spa company and just literally plugs in to an electric socket. We paid about £1300 or about $2000.

You can get bigger ones-but thisone takes 4-but it's usually just me and hubby. I love it-don't think I would be tempted though on a very hot day!

KingKong
15-07-2003, 19:22
Wow thats a cheap price you paid .:D

Do you have the web site of that company so i can have a peep of the stock they sell?

Thats kinda what i am after round tub seats 4 maybe 5 and loads jets with super low price

:D

chrizzy100
16-07-2003, 00:04
quote:Originally posted by orlandobabe

We bought a hot tub for our home in the UK in March this year. It's outside on our decking. It gets heated to 102degrees and it's lovely.

It's just a pretty basic 5ft circular tub with cover with about 120 air jets inside. It holds about 170 gallons of water.

It's made by the canadian spa company and just literally plugs in to an electric socket. We paid about £1300 or about $2000.

You can get bigger ones-but thisone takes 4-but it's usually just me and hubby. I love it-don't think I would be tempted though on a very hot day!

Is that like the one they sale in Sears...??

chrizzy100
16-07-2003, 00:05

Wow thats a cheap price you paid .:D

Do you have the web site of that company so i can have a peep of the stock they sell?

Thats kinda what i am after round tub seats 4 maybe 5 and loads jets with super low price

:D

I've not forgotten about pricing.....I had a busy weekend....and never got into town......

dbrook
16-07-2003, 00:23
Went into the Sears site and typed in hot tubs, but got washing machines:D:D

OB do they sell the make you have in Orlando? There is a Hot Sprins showroom 10 mins away from us, but they are very expensive so I am going to avoid going. Hubby would like a hot tub for our villa in Orlando but they are so huge and will take over the deck:(

chrizzy100
16-07-2003, 01:59
quote:Originally posted by dbrook

Went into the Sears site and typed in hot tubs, but got washing machines:D:D

OB do they sell the make you have in Orlando? There is a Hot Sprins showroom 10 mins away from us, but they are very expensive so I am going to avoid going. Hubby would like a hot tub for our villa in Orlando but they are so huge and will take over the deck:(

I found it... its at www.searshomecenter.com

voyager portable spa with steps....

I know I've seen a hot tub...somewhere...that is portable.....now I just have to find it....I thought it was Sears....because I get most of my things from there....

My tub was under $3000..about 2 years or so ago....its not very big....and fits nice in our little sunroom....I love it....:D

KingKong
16-07-2003, 16:05
I found this site on the web www.burchspas.com it actually has prices on it:D

I checked the sears model with the cover its about 2500 dollars then you got yer tax so no change from 3000 so maybe worth paying that bit extra for one of the better types????

I dunno:( i got ages a while till i get one yet so no panic me thinks[8D]

chrizzy100
16-07-2003, 17:56

I found this site on the web www.burchspas.com it actually has prices on it:D

I checked the sears model with the cover its about 2500 dollars then you got yer tax so no change from 3000 so maybe worth paying that bit extra for one of the better types????

I dunno:( i got ages a while till i get one yet so no panic me thinks[8D]

Well the Sears one..would be nice for Villa owners who want a tub for their use only.....then they could pack it away....for everyday use I'd get a better one....:)

SunLover
23-07-2003, 17:51
Don't forget if you are adding a stand alone spa to your pool deck to make sure you can get it either through your pool screen doors or somehow through the villa and out onto the pool deck ! :D

orlandobabe
26-07-2003, 03:48
Hi King Kong
this took some finding
http://www.gardendesignco.com/companion%20page.htm

It's called a companion spa and made by the canadian spa people.

We got ours from a show so we got it for £1300 but they were supposed to be on sale for £1500.

It's pretty bog standard-less to go wrong with it-especially as it is outside all of the time.

We use it a lot though.

KingKong
26-07-2003, 19:29
Thx babe another option to consider;)

Thats a great price.:)

KingKong
06-08-2003, 20:28
[:p]

I think i found the KingKong of all hot tub dealers:D

www.partypools.com

Its got the lot,fully loaded tubs at cheap cheap prices:D

They charge excellent round the world shipping fees as well.

Has anyone bought anything from this site be4?????

chrizzy100
06-08-2003, 20:41

[:p]

I think i found the KingKong of all hot tub dealers:D

www.partypools.com

Its got the lot,fully loaded tubs at cheap cheap prices:D

They charge excellent round the world shipping fees as well.

Has anyone bought anything from this site be4?????

I've not see that site before....but the prices look good......I've still not been to town......sorry:(.....we have been so busy......