PDA

View Full Version : Home for a 3 month sabbatical

Franny
20-03-2006, 08:14
Hello to you all,

I just stubbled onto your website and am delighted to be able to ask questions of vacation villa/home owners who will be so knowlegable about best options.

My husband and I are planning to travel to the Kissimmee area for my sabbatical and are looking for a villa/home from January 15 to April 10 of 2007. We thought we should start early because of the extended length of our stay. We have four daughters of whom two are married and one has two small children. We think we need a 3 bedroom home so daughters can take turns coming and we can accommodate the children too. Two of the rooms need to have at least a queen and a double. One twin will work. Although we will only have daughters for one of the months, we will need to considerer the right space for them.

We would like a place that we can walk to restaruants and malls or outlets. We are thinking that Indian Wells, Montego Bay and Chatham Park will work. Are we correct? Are there others such areas that will work. We want to avoid the new construction areas as each year there seems to be more and different areas under road construction. We wondered about Hunters Creek area?

We are partical to having a pool with a southern exposure and a gas BBQ. The girls want lots of room to sunbath and I am looking forward to spending time in the pool with the 2 grandbabies. Of course we will need a highchair and a crib. I would really prefer internet access in the home and I will bring my laptop to be able to work. If the home does not have internet, I will need some access nearby.

We have sent out some requests this weekend, but have not heard too much as of yet. Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

LiesaAnna
20-03-2006, 11:32
then you have come to the right place Fran!!
http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

spoilt for choice, just hope you have the time to go through the wonderful villas and find one to suit your needs!
not a lot of difference i think in prices between 3 and 4 bed homes, i would go for a 4 bed, if not 5, its important to have space, and the villas are all very spacious,

think Terra Verde is in the direction of the ones you mention, it has many lovely things, and we have been there so can vouch for it, but not a villa owner, yet, didnt win the lottery this weekend, maybe the next[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
20-03-2006, 11:50
Many of the popular homes may already be booked for part of your stay Franny, especially as this encompasses the Easter holidays, a very popular time of year.
If you have only put out enquiries to specific homes why not put out a general enquiry to all 3 sites and then you wil be able to see exactly what is available?

GrahamC
20-03-2006, 14:16
I would suggest that you put put a general enquiry as soon as possible. As liz has said, a lot of villas will already be booked for part of that time as it includes Easter and Feb half term.

Sue and Jere
20-03-2006, 16:48
Hi Fran and welcome to the forum. Like suggested put a general enquiry as soon as possible,as this is a busy time. Most owners will be already booked for the Easter period.

Franny
20-03-2006, 19:25
Hello again,

Thank you for the quick responses. I have posted my note on all three websites as suggested. Thank you for the assistance. Any advise on which areas offer walking access to restaurants, grocery store and other services is much appreciated.

Thanks again

Ray&Sarah
21-03-2006, 03:02
Have fun looking at all the villas Fran, I always think it adds to the excitemeb=nt, all the planning.[msnsmile]