PDA

View Full Version : Sanibel/Captiva Island

lisi
16-03-2006, 20:45
We are off to Orlando again in October and have stayed in Rotonda which was fabulous. This time we need to be near friends who are ill and we need to visit, but I would like to spend a couple of days on Captiva/Sanibel. I just visited for a few hours before and it had been ravaged by Hurricane Charley but I would love to go back. Wondered if the weather would be OK then too - Anyone recommend a place to stay - just 2 adults and preferably cottage type - self catering and on the beach if possible? and if anyone has ideas of places to see - boat trips etc I would appreciate it

Lisi

Robert5988
17-03-2006, 00:15
I stayed for a 3 days in Shalimar resort. They have a web site which is named exactly as you would expect it to be.(we mustn't put links here)

Self catering 1 bedroom units or bigger bungalows - not luxury by any means but has all the basics incl airconditioning etc.

However perfect location right on beach. My pal goes there every year and loves it.

Weather in October is great.

fiona
17-03-2006, 03:18
We've stayed twice at the Sundial Resort and rented direct through the owners, lovely place and had condos overlooking the gulf each time, not what I woudl call cottagy, but had pools and things which is what we needed with our daughters. Love Sanibel, wonderful laid back place.

lisi
28-03-2006, 12:01
Thanks for that. I am undecided between Captiva or Sanibel but know that Captiva was ravaged by the hurricane when we were last there. Think perhaps Sanibel might offer a little more but have been interested to read the answers to Jo-Anne's question.

Lisi