PDA

View Full Version : Do i upgrade to a Jeep

ali-uk
16-03-2006, 02:13
hi

I have booked a car for my trip to Florida an intermediate four door as part of my package with First Choice,
would it be worth me to upgrade to a jeep 4x4 for an extra £60 is it worth it there is only four of us?
I also need Sat Nav which i think i will be booking from here. [msnsmile2]

Ali-UK

Kazzie
16-03-2006, 02:21
I think that it is personal choice. You can hire Sat Nav from the above site, but if you can, book it quick as they cannot guarantee they have availability as it is very popular.

Karen

ali-uk
16-03-2006, 02:26
Thanks Kazzie
I am going to ring first thing in the morning to book the Sat Nav, just hope i get it. Its weird i look on this web site a lot but didnt know they did it, i have been looking to buy it out there i really want it that much (anything to stop the arguments in the car)[msnwink]
It would off been cheaper for me to book the jeep and Sat Nav from here but to late now but maybe next time [msnsmile2]
Ali

bargainqueen
16-03-2006, 04:05
I normally go for the intermediate 4 door option but this year we have to be out of villa by 10 so decided to upgrade to 7 seater even though only 3 people travelling.

I know from experience that we will have a lot of baggage so I wanted the biggest amount of luggage space. I found by looking on above site that the 4x4 had more space so decided to book that. Will probably still have to do 2 trips to DTD but should be easier not having to lift it into boot.

andrewandcarole
16-03-2006, 11:07
Just for the 2 of us we have generally gone for an intermediate or full size but last couple of trips we have upgraded to a 4 x 4. Well worth it in my opinion - just feels a nicer ride. Mind you I do drive one at home.

Carole

linda allen
16-03-2006, 11:34
We go for a jeep everytime. There are only 4 of us too.

E. Cosgrove
16-03-2006, 11:55
I would opt for the best package you can afford, it's all part of the holiday feeling!!! :D[msncool]
And you're absolutely correct, you won't find better value for car hire than this site[msnwink]
Good luck with the sat nav!:D

Disney Dreamer
16-03-2006, 13:38
If you are comfortable with spending £60 on upgrading to a jeep, then my advise would be 'go for it'. We are also a family of 4 and always have a jeep. They are very comfortable and have room for that 'extra' case!

[msnsmile]Angela

solanasunshine
16-03-2006, 14:00
There are 3 of us and we are having a jeep - we like being a bit higher up than in an intermediate (Dodge Stratus when we had one which was very nice) and we like lots of space inside.

LesleyB
16-03-2006, 15:18
My other half is very happy as we agreed to go for a jeep this time instead of our usual 7 seater (only 4 of us). We are driving up from Miami so he will have plenty of time to pose in it :D

DaveL
16-03-2006, 16:33
We are in Florida at the moment and there are only two of us but we have the new Jeep 2006 model. The ride, steering and comfort levels are much better than the old model and it's way better than most ordinary cars, well worth the extra.

Dave

ali-uk
17-03-2006, 00:59
Thanks for your replies

I have rang and the number for the Sat Nav above and left a message hopefully they get back to me soon, dont want to use the internet to book my computer really playing up at the minute.

Have tried to rearrange car hire but cant so will hope they let me upgrade at the airport to a jeep when we get there, really fancy having a jeep now you all make it sound good.
Thanks
Ali

J & O
17-03-2006, 01:11
Hi,
You can always ask to upgrade when you pick up your car at the car rental counter. We have always found they upgraded us, a few times for free, if they weren't partiularly busy.
Good Luck
Olga

ali-uk
17-03-2006, 01:28
Hi[msnsmile]

Thanks i hope they will upgrade us, i dont mind paying the extra with dollar when i get there.

Also does anyone know when i book the Sat Nav through this web site how soon can they let me know for certain i will definatly be having it?
thanks
Ali

DaveL
17-03-2006, 08:21
It normally costs way more to upgrade at the airport then to prebook in the UK and would really try and get this done before you go. If you end up at in a big queue at the rental counter the guy will just want to get you through and will not be interested in offering you a free upgrade.

You also need to understand that some of the rental companies pay their employees a bonus based on the extras that they sell, such as upgrades, to prebooked customers. So there is little incentive for them to offer you a freebie. It does happen but not as much as it did a few years ago.

Dave

ali-uk
18-03-2006, 14:10
Hi

I have booked the Sat Nav and paid for it from this web site[clap]

It was straight forward, nice chap i spoke to comfirmed for me on the phone i would definatly be having one[msnsmile2].

No getting lost while were there, no arguments.[msnwink]

Cant cancel my car hire with First choice they said because the villa i have booked with them they no longer sell, the CODE for the villa isnt reconised on the computer, i would have to cancel the whole holiday?? Which i dont want to do the location that they have guarenteed for me is 3-4 miles from Disney; Emerald Island, or rolling hills etc... so i will have to upgrade if i want to when we arrive.
Ali

russell148
18-03-2006, 19:19
Ali

there is only 3 of us and we also hire a 4 x 4 because you are higher up than a car and can see all whats going on around you plus plenty of space for all your luggage

Regards

Russell

bargainqueen
05-04-2006, 19:54
Returned back on Suinday, was given a Grand Cherekee Jeep, I did think I was getting a Durango as they asked at counter if I wanted to upgrade but was more than happy with it. Has split seats in back so luggage fitted in ok. Would definately recommend it.

Don't forget when you upgrade at counter they add lots of extra's in like insurance taxes etc so it will work out a lot more expensive. But as you are flying from Sandford maybe it will be better to go for extra space.

MICKEYSDEN
05-04-2006, 22:13
We always hire a 4x4 as it has a large boot for all of our suitcases,

[msnwink]

Karen.

Kazzie
05-04-2006, 23:29
I booked a Jeep Grand Cherokee (from the link above, of course)[msnwink] when we were out in Feb and they tried to get me to upgrade to the Durango. I refused and they didnt have a Jeep so got the Durango anyway[msnwink] Beautiful to drive[msnsmile]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bargainqueen
Returned back on Suinday, was given a Grand Cherekee Jeep, I did think I was getting a Durango as they asked at counter if I wanted to upgrade but was more than happy with it. Has split seats in back so luggage fitted in ok. Would definately recommend it.

Don't forget when you upgrade at counter they add lots of extra's in like insurance taxes etc so it will work out a lot more expensive. But as you are flying from Sandford maybe it will be better to go for extra space.
[/quote]

ali-uk
06-04-2006, 02:40
Hi Kazzie

Perhaps if i say nothing they might upgrade us anyway??? I checked with First Choice and they dont give the option of a Jeep anyway, I think if we want to go back to Florida, next time i will be booking things seperatly .
Ali[msnwink]

Kazzie
06-04-2006, 03:12
Ali, its the way to go. Book your villa from one of the three links above and you will know from the start exactly what you are getting and where the villa is situated. You can also get to know the owner well and any questions you ask will be answered truthfully and promptly. I doubt that you would get that service from First Choice or indeed any other travel agent. Your car hire can also be booked using the car hire link with the knowledge that there will not be any nasty surprises on pick-up with extra charges for this and that!

Enjoy your forthcoming trip, and it is a certainty that you will want to go back to Florida. [msnsmile2] You may never want to go anywhere else again[msnwink]

Karen

Sniff
05-05-2006, 17:30
Make sure you get a Grand Cherokee or something though. We just got back earlier this week, and we had a Jeep Wrangler. Truly the worst car I've ever driven