PDA

View Full Version : Best Time To Visit

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 14:10
We think the best strategy for doing MK as we have been so badly disappointed on the last two occasions -is to go really early and leave at 11 when it is starting to get crowded.

It is a shame I know-but there can't be anything more frustrating than standing in line for over an hour for a ride that lasts less than 5 minutes -only to do it all again 10 minutes later.

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
22-02-2002, 18:33
Only thing with that is that you miss the parade and that I truly think is the best bit of Magic Kingdom. Do agree that queues can be lengthy - November was brilliant this year (guess 9/11 didn't help) but there were hardly any queues anywhere. Restaurants deserted at times. Weather fabulous too.

Also as MK is a must for little ones, very hard to get them out first thing - so hence it fills up at 11 - us harrassed parents have just about managed to get them out of the pool, dressed and out the door by then!!

orlandobabe
23-02-2002, 21:49
Thought we were never going to get on @Pooh@ but the next time we went we got a fastpass straight away. I loved it. It went at my speed!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 09:31
As of Oct 1 2002, Sunday and Thursday are early entry days for MK which allows hotel guests entry an hour before offiicial opening. Avoid MK therefore in the mornings on these days as they will be very busy but tend to empty around 3pm - but out of season what closing times as the parks can close relatively early.

esprit
23-09-2002, 20:32
Avoid Sunday at all costs.It is always a bad day for Magic Kingdom. Even in these days of flights every day, more people still travel on Saturday than any other day, especially the Americans. Magic Kingdom is the first park that everyone wants to do so Sunday is packed. Add to that a few Florida locals down for the weekend and early entry people on top and it will be totally chockerblock.
Go to Magic Kingdom later in the week and go early on non early entry days. If you really want to get on the rides, miss one of the parades as they empty then. Sad I know, as the parades are brilliant but you have to prioritise.

Julie Carty

mikewj
21-10-2002, 23:50
Friday has always been a good MK day for us.

Out of season, try to avoid Saturday as it seems like the entire population of Florida descends on the place. Unfortunately, Saturday is the only day that they have the night parade out of season !!