PDA

View Full Version : Falcon's Fire and a bit of advice !

Wesser
15-03-2006, 00:44
Hi There,
I am out with my family at our villa for 2 weeks from 5th May, and being the keen golfers we are, my dad and I have managed to sneak away from the family for a couple of rounds of golf !.

Our first jaunt is on the 10th May, where I have booked an early round on the Falcon's Fire Website. The course looks fantastic, so would welcome any comments or experiences relating to this course.

Our 2nd escape is due on the 13th May, for which I am yet to book. It should however be early !

I was thinking of one of the Disney Courses. I have played Osprey Ridge last time I was out villa hunting and thought it was great.

Any advice is much appreciated and by all means, am happy for anyone to make up a 4 ball !

Cheers !

SteveW
15-03-2006, 01:15
Hi Lee

Do you mind me asking the price of Falcons Fire ?
Cheers

MarkJan
15-03-2006, 02:02
Falcons Fire is a quality course. Excellent greens, fairways, food, drink! Very friendly staff. Having said that, you get what you pay for, if I recall it is over $110

We are over next week and are playing a few courses, FF is one as is the Legends course at Orange County.

Have a great time.

Ann
15-03-2006, 02:20
Hubby said falcan fire is good
for disney try the palms equally as good he said

trevlad
16-03-2006, 04:07
whatever you do lee book early, we had great difficulty finding the time we wanted to play in feb

rogergood
11-04-2006, 02:05
Trev,

Prices in May will be a lot cheaper. Prices drop quite considerably from 1st of April when the 'Snowbirds' from Canada and New York all go home!! It is an expensive time for golf from about October through to April.

Roger

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2064.aspx.

djdigitald
11-04-2006, 11:27
Magnolia at Disney is very, very good and comes recommended. :D

shenon
11-04-2006, 12:29
Hi Lee
i received this from a guest of ours

been so kind. Let your husband know that our husbands went and played golf at The Grand Cypress Golf Resort (Around Sea World). Said it was the most beautiful course that they had been on. And let me tell you they have seen plenty.

Got to be worth a try:)

MarkJan
11-04-2006, 21:42
Having just returned, I can confirm that Falcons Fire looks very good at the moment. Legends at Orange Lake was only $39 for a 1.30pm tee-time on a Friday, quality course.

For a run out, Harmony Golf Preserve is nice, plenty of wildlife including dee, armadillos, wild turkey, the obligatory 'gators on the tee!

Enjoy yourself. Golf in the sun is how it's meant to be played!

chris c
12-04-2006, 01:02
Southern Dunes is a lovely course.
The rate for May is $75 Mon-Thur and $85 Fri - Sun.
Lovely restaurant there too!!
You can book in advance online via their website, for which, I believe you get a discount.

Newhomebuyer
12-04-2006, 10:32
Another one to consider is Mystic Dunes. Here is some info from one of the Kissimmee Torist Sites.

Designed by PGA Tour professional and NBC golf analyst, Gary Koch, the course incorporates much of the natural surroundings, preserving existing topography throughout its 156 acres.

A par 71, 7,012-yard course, Mystic Dunes offers lush landscaping and changes in elevation that vary dramatically between the eastern nine holes and the western nine holes, leaving golfers feeling as if they have played two different courses.

The dunes-style western nine, with the feel of a British Isles links course, takes advantage of sweeping elevation changes and native sand dunes. The "low-country" eastern nine is reminiscent of Carolina classics, as each hole meanders through wetlands and oak forests. Rounding out the experience are "four of the best finishing holes you'll find anywhere," according to Golf & Leisure Magazine.

Gary Murphy
12-04-2006, 23:20
Have to say that Mystic Dunes is by far the best golf course i have played in america.
It can be a bit pricy depending on the time of the year that you go
but well worth a visit.
Grande Pines comes a close second,
if you want really good value for money then try Swiss Fairways golf and ski resort in clermont.

Wesser
24-04-2006, 00:22
Wow Guy's,
Thanks for all your updates. looks like we are spolit for choice eh.

Another great selling point about Florida !!

Will post an update, as off to Florida next week, for 3 weeks !

Thanks

chrishardy
01-05-2006, 01:33
I live here and have played FF a few times, at vastly discounted rates. Compared to the 'standard' UK courses it's great, but there are loads better in Orlando in my opinion. Front 9 plays really short, back 9 is not bad though. Overpriced!

Harmony is THE place to play, no houses, huge course (longest in FL) and great facilities and price.

Let me know if you still have room for a fourth!

russell148
01-05-2006, 21:18
When we go we always play Diamondback, The legends, Southern Dunes excellant courses and value for money

Russell

Anthony Brook
03-05-2006, 00:07
Always play Southern Dunes but I have my villa there so it is very convienient. Played Diamondback a couple of times and find it great value for money but thought the greens were on the poor side, although it does depend on how you catch them at the time you play.
I am looking to play one or two others in June (1st -16th if anyone can make a game) and wouldn't mind a couple of recommendations.
I play off 6 handicap so not too concerned about difficulty but am looking for good value and ease of getting a game.
It is awful when you turn up on your own and get stuck behind a load of four balls. This is why I play Southern Dunes so often. My villa is on the 2nd fairway and when nobody passes for 1/2 hour I know there is a gap so nip round the the clubhouse pay and tee straight off.
I usually play late afternoon (to avoid the crowds) and costs me around $39 at SD.