PDA

View Full Version : Best Waterpark

alanandjude
09-03-2006, 23:40
Hi Everyone,

We've been to Wet n Wild but can you beleive, never made it to Typhoon Laggoon or Blizzard Beach.[msncry]

Which do you all think is the best, so we know which to try next time we're out there?

[msnsmile2]

njstringer
09-03-2006, 23:43
We like Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard beach is also very good.
The Disney water parks are a little more up market than wet & wild.

heathercobbett
09-03-2006, 23:50
My family always preferred Typhoon Lagoon (though they liked them all!

andrew01
09-03-2006, 23:53
Our family love Blizzard beach, the family ride is great, childrens area wonderful and the brave ones love Summit Plummit. But they also love Typhoon Lagoon for the waves. Asked the family; 2 votes for Blizzard beach 2 for Typhoon Lagoon[msntongue]

Both wonderful
Margaret

Lynne S
10-03-2006, 00:00
Both the Disney water parks are great, you can't go wrong with either [msnsmile2]

Newhomebuyer
10-03-2006, 00:10
I would agree with Lynne, both are great but if I had to choose it would be Blizzard Beach for older children and Typhoon for the younger end.

becbecs
10-03-2006, 01:09
Thumbs up for both Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach both brilliant.

mizzy
10-03-2006, 01:12
they may only be the choice of one disney water park because i'm not 100% sure but doesn't disney close one over the winter for refurbishment?

perhaps someone knows more about this?

Mizzy

Paula D-S
10-03-2006, 01:20
I loved Typhoon Lagoon, my daughter went to Florida with my Mum and Dad last year and she loved the one at Cypress Gardens.

Sue and Jere
10-03-2006, 01:40
Both parks are great, but Typhoon Lagoon is our favorite [msnsmile2]

GrahamC
10-03-2006, 02:18
We prefer Blizzard Beach, but our boys are older and love Summit Plummet and the other slides.

Lynne S
10-03-2006, 02:19
I think they only close one water-park at a time during low season for refurbishment. [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
they may only be the choice of one disney water park because i'm not 100% sure but doesn't disney close one over the winter for refurbishment?

perhaps someone knows more about this?

Mizzy

[/quote]

philgrove
10-03-2006, 13:48
We have younger children and at the present time we prefer TL but also always have a great time at BB.

Next time we go our son will probably prefer BB though.

Karen

Disney Dreamer
10-03-2006, 17:49
Our family favourite is Blizzard Beach, but I agree with everyone else that they are both worth a visit. I did have an embarassing experience a couple of years ago on the Toboggan Racers (the 8 lane bumpy slide). We decided that we would have a family race, so we get to the top of the slide and all 4 of us line up together with 4 other complete strangers. I was so determined to beat my husband, who is extremely competitive at everything he does, that I wasn't really listening to the advice the life guard was giving on how to get going when it was time. So when it came to'on your marks, get set, go' everyone shot off at break neck speed, except me. I just got stuck and couldn't get myself going, I tried & tried to pull myself to the edge but I just wasn't budging. By this point everyone else was half way down, so I decided that I would wait and go down with the next set of people. Everyone else had made it to the bottom of the slide and were getting off and I suppose I must have just relaxed a bit at the top and slightly lifted myself off the mat and low and behold off I went. I was just completely unprepared for what was happening, there I was coming down the slide very fast and completely out of control and ON MY OWN!!! with everyone at the top and bottom of the slide cheering me on. I got to the bottom very flustered and sooooo embarassed that I made a very qick exit and returned to my sunbed for a lie down. We have been back to Blizzard Beach several times since and I am glad to say I haven't made an exhibition of myself again! It still makes my children roar with laughter everytime we talk about Blizzard Beach.

CarolAnn
10-03-2006, 18:29
If I could only choose one of the Disney water parks, I would have to go Typhoon Lagoon, they have the newest water adventure too with Gush n Crush:) My daughter tells me it is fab!!

solanasunshine
10-03-2006, 18:36
We love Typhoon Lagoon and find it better for younger children than Blizzard Beach. [msnsmile]

CCollins
11-03-2006, 13:42
Both parks are brilliant.

I think TL is more relaxing, but BB has bigger slides to go on.

wendyd
19-03-2006, 21:43
You carn't go wrong with either of Disney's water parks we always do both.They are fantastic.[clap]
Wendy

russell148
19-03-2006, 23:39
We like both Disney water parks but Typhoon Lagoon just shades it

Russell

Sharon G
20-03-2006, 00:32
Typhoon Lagoon......great place.

davy woods
29-05-2006, 22:59
BB for me, when we went last year we did all 3 water parks BB, TL and WnW after asking everyone which was their favourite the majority went for Blizzard Beach just for the sheer entertainment and the best slides, I think it has something for everyone at BB.
Dave

ShirleyD
30-05-2006, 00:19
The family raft ride at BB is great and so are the racing taboggans, but I think I like TL best overall. You have to do them both really [msnwink]

Lainey
08-06-2006, 00:46
We all love Typhoon Lagoon. I love the lazy river, I could go around all day.

G Lazell
08-06-2006, 17:04
We haven't been to Wet n Wild but we prefer Typhoon Lagoon from BB. I agree about the lazy river [msnsmile]

Tracey

jovi
08-06-2006, 20:43
Ohhhhh to be there now on that lazy river[msntongue][msnsmile2][msncry]

freddiehollie
17-06-2006, 22:09
Typhoon Lagoon [msnsmile2][msnsmile2] But both are great though.
We miss River Country very old style never quite as busy.[msnsad]

sammibabe
18-06-2006, 01:21
We have only been to TL and find it sooo relaxing. We didn't go on any slides because we decided it was our rest day and the wait times were 20 - 30 mins. Drifting round on the rings is fab and we loved the waves. Haven't been to BB but a friend of mine said the glare with all the 'snow' hurt her eyes. Don't know if anybody else has found this.

jovi
18-06-2006, 02:38
Thanks for that reminder Mike, couldn't think of the name of River Country, so thank you, we went here on our very first visit to Florida back in 1995.
We then caught a boat across a lake? there were lots of animals, exotic birds, crocodiles/ aligators? Etc.
Anyone else remember this?

freddiehollie
18-06-2006, 20:27
Hi Vicky
We remember that it, was called Discovery Island, we went there back in 93 great for a half day visit.
As for "snow glare" at Blizzard Beach Sammibabe just keep the shades on[msnwink][msnwink]