PDA

View Full Version : The Weather!

JeremyandTeresa
05-07-2003, 00:54
Hi!

We are going to be in Orlando from 22/July/03 for 2 weeks and were wondering what the weather is like?
Has anyone seen the new Shrek 4D movie?
Has Tower of Terror changed since 2001?
Is Disney previewing the new SPACE ride?

Regards
Jeremy & Teresa

Gillian-B
05-07-2003, 01:48
Have a look at www.weather.com before you go - they have a ten-day forecast so you will get an idea. They usually show thunderstorms most days, but thankfully, they are usually brief.

Gillian

chrisj
05-07-2003, 02:13
I remember it being hot and humid and approx 3pm a thunder storm for a bit which cooled
the air a bit. luckily the cars have air con which is great, As for walking around, I
just love hot weather

Always made a point of drinking a lot of fluids and always covering up with sun tan lotion
as you can get burnt even on a cloudy day, that happened to me once and I looked like a
lobster and was in agony.

Your out there the same time as us, so have fun

Chris

Carla
05-07-2003, 02:35
quote:Originally posted by JeremyandTeresa

Hi!

We are going to be in Orlando from 22/July/03 for 2 weeks and were wondering what the weather is like?
1. Has anyone seen the new Shrek 4D movie?
2. Has Tower of Terror changed since 2001?
3. Is Disney previewing the new SPACE ride?

Regards
Jeremy & Teresa

1. Not yet
2. Yes it is now random in the way that it drops you and you get more thrills.
3. If you mean the ride at Epcot, then yes they are!

Have a great time. I am not jealous - no really I am not - definitely I am not - well maybe just a bit - OK - I am jealous - I wish it was me going!! :D:D

esprit
05-07-2003, 02:41
Very hot sticky and humid with quite a lot of rain but in short bursts. Warm nights. Havent seem Shrek yet, it only just opened.

Yes the Tower of Terror now has four drops in a random pattern so is much scarier than in 2001.

They are doing test runs of Mission Space but you have to be lucky as they are running them just every now and then at random and they dont advertise when they are going to be letting people on. So just keep your eyes open for any unusual activity round the ride, people milling around or Disney staff members. They have just two capsules going and it is total chance if you are around when they are looking for people to test ride. I have read a couple of reviews from people who have ridden and one said it was good but short and the other was not really that impressed. The aim of the previews is to get things right before tha main opening and they may of course make changes if it isnt going down all that well on the previews.

chrizzy100
05-07-2003, 05:39
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

I remember it being hot and humid and approx 3pm a thunder storm for a bit which cooled
the air a bit. luckily the cars have air con which is great, As for walking around, I
just love hot weather

Always made a point of drinking a lot of fluids and always covering up with sun tan lotion
as you can get burnt even on a cloudy day, that happened to me once and I looked like a
lobster and was in agony.

Your out there the same time as us, so have fun

Chris

its humid but around 67%...which is not that bad......we have 97% most of the summer.....its only 69 outside....but you have to have the A/C going all the time.....or your bedding and all the wood in the house goes wet and sticky.......:(

athurstance
05-07-2003, 12:50
Mission Space - they are running random previews for up to 200 people at a time. If you are really keen then the place to hang out is rounnd the side of the ride. Apparently there is a little black gate there and this is where they will come out and call people through. You could have a long wait though and there is no guarantee of getting on.

Daniel Ramsey
06-07-2003, 00:46
I am hearing that changes in rider satisfaction are happening everyday, bits of tweaking and fine tuning. The best time to show up nearby is usually around 3-4pm but there may actually already be hundreds of diehards camped out. Don't expect to have a perfect ride either, its just to get public feedback before the official opening which is supposedly in Oct. but a "soft" opening is in Aug. From what I hear at all the other discussion boards is that its a totally unique ride, very immersive and convincingly real in all aspects, its definately NOT a high thrill high impact adrenaline type of ride, its an adventure themed ride only Disney can do and they have done very well.
Its still 6 months before our month long stay in Orlando, anybody got a spare time travel device?:D