PDA

View Full Version : Have I pressed a Wrong Button......

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 13:58
.......Somewhere?
I keep getting all these messages with reply from a posting-which until yesterday I never got!

Orlandobabe

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 14:07
Hi Orlandobabe,
This is the price we pay for posting so much. Seriously though I'll save John a job, if you don't want to subscribe to topics and get e-mails each time, then click on profile and change the "Notify by e-mail" from "yes" to "no" and update the profile. If you do want to subscribe to any particular one just click on the box at the top of the post.

Babblin Boo

fiona
22-02-2002, 14:18
well am I being particularly thick, but I can't find anything to click when I go into my profile.

I keep clicking against things to say I don't want to be notified.......and they still keep coming!!

I get all excited thinking I've gots loads of enquiries........!!

So John, how do I cancel the e-mails?

Fiona

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 14:23
Fiona
When you have logged onto your profile,
under the bit at the bottom headed "basics", there should be a line saying "use e-mail notification by default", use the drop down to change it to "no" and then click on "submit". It worked OK for me yesterday, after I'd got the instructions from John.
If that doesn't work then it's over to John!
Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 22/02/2002 10:24:29

fiona
22-02-2002, 14:29
sorry, it's me being a blockhead - nothing new with computers of course!!

ok, I think I've sorted it!!

Fiona

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2002, 14:33
Thanks for the stand-in technical support Steph!

Nice avatar you have there too :).

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

fiona
22-02-2002, 16:20
guess what John,

I'm still getting the messages!!!!!!!1

Fiona

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2002, 16:36
Hi Fiona

The changes Steph mantioned relate to being subscribed to threads you make postings to from now on.

You may already be subscribed to threads you posted to in the past - click 'My Subscriptions' in the top right of the screen to see what you are subscribed to. If necessary, use this screen to un-subscribe from any threads you don't want.

Hope this helps.

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

fiona
22-02-2002, 17:50
I've already done that, but I'll have another go!!

Fiona

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2002, 18:20
Hi Fiona

If you've got nothing showing in the My Subscriptions window and you are not subscribing to new threads you contribute to you will not get any more of these messages.

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

steph_goodrum
22-02-2002, 19:46
Says he confidently.

Babblin Boo

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 23:46
Right I have done that-but am still a bit puzzled as I never clicked it in the first place!

Orlandobabe

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2002, 00:17
Hi orlandobabe,

The subscriptions were something I added into the forums mid-week as I always find them useful myself as I don't always have time to check for new messages so it's useful to be reminded that someone has replied to a thread I am interested in.

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

carole7007
23-02-2002, 00:29
I like the new subscribe to a topic, it tells you if you have a reply to a posting.

Another good idea.

Thanks John

Carole & Keith

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2002, 00:36
Carole

Have you been getting the emails from the site as we've had several messages back saying delivery has been delayed by a problem with your ISP. Started happening about 11am today.

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 22/02/2002 20:37:04