PDA

View Full Version : shamu - bit disappointed..but beer still free

trevlad
07-03-2006, 15:03
the shamu stadium is undergoing a scenery /set change and the 2 shows we saw last week were not a patch on those previous. there is building works going on and this is perhaps having an effect on the whales.along with maybe having to learn new tricks(sorry behaviours)also the big screen and cameras have gone , so the build up questions are just done over the speakers

the big boy who on a good day can take it or leave it was certainly not happy and when asked to come out and splash everyone promptly swam back into the holding pen only to push the gate open and have a swim about after the show had ended... just reminds us that they still do have their own minds.

i takes all sorts but i dont personally think the blue horizon change to the dolphin show is a great one. it has evolved from last years early shows and at least the big buzzard eagle fellow doesnt hit anyone in the audience anymore!

i suspect the new shamu show may be along the same 'broadway theatrical' lines.

dont get me wrong i am not annoyed , its just one of my most 'favorite' shows and didnt live up to expectation this time.

the new show should be well oiled for the summer but at least the guys are still pouring free refreshments nearby - although the rear bar has now been cordoned off into a more corporate event area. the beer tasting is still running aswell [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
07-03-2006, 16:37
its one of my families favourite shows, hopefully it will be back and better, just a shame that it affects the whales in such a way but it does as Trev says shows they do have minds of their own!!:D

becbecs
07-03-2006, 16:56
The big screen before the start of the show gets everybody in the audience going and in the right frame of mind. Shame they are only using a microphone as this wont have the same effect at all.

jillizzy
07-03-2006, 17:13
New big screens are planned for the opening show in May.

Like Trev says I think it will be more in line with the Blue Horizons show as special music is being written for the show and the whales are being trained to perform with the music.

Will keep an open mind and am looking forward to seeing it then:D

Jill

mizzy
07-03-2006, 17:35
never mind eh Trev as long as the beer's still free:D

Mizzy

Mr G
07-03-2006, 17:59
I didn't know about the free beer.[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

Just goes to show you learn something new on these forums everyday.[msnsmile2]

Mind you I am usually the driver so just as well[msneek].

Might have to convince Mrs G to drive when we visit Seaworld again[msnwink]

Arby
07-03-2006, 18:00
The show last Sunday when we went seemed very short too. I was disappointed also as this is my favourite park.

mizzy
07-03-2006, 19:41
Graham

when we where there last march on our first visit you could have two samples from both the front and the back bar so my darling husband had his 4 then my 4 as i dont drink[msneek]his brother followed suit as the sis in law got driving duty
when we went later in the week it was only one sample from each bar but being cheeky my husband still got an extra one, he just went up 2nd time around with his baseball cap on[msnembarrased][msnwink]

Mizzy

Macka
07-03-2006, 20:36
Mmmmmmmm beeeeeeeeeerrrrr!!!

trevlad
08-03-2006, 02:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
Graham

when we where there last march on our first visit you could have two samples from both the front and the back bar so my darling husband had his 4 then my 4 as i dont drink[msneek]his brother followed suit as the sis in law got driving duty
when we went later in the week it was only one sample from each bar but being cheeky my husband still got an extra one, he just went up 2nd time around with his baseball cap on[msnembarrased][msnwink]

Mizzy
[/quote]

thats the trick guys, cheeky but lovely. i sometimes just leave the server a dollar too. makes my conscience straight[msnsmile2]

its a shame the back is closed not just for the extra beer but they also did the bacardi mixers which mrs t enjoyed

djdigitald
08-03-2006, 02:59
mmmm free beer.

I had the Irish American which they were doing, Bud and Bare Knuckle Stout.....mmmmmmm

Ruth
08-03-2006, 03:03
I love the Blue Horizons show and could watch it all day[:I]:)

trevlad
08-03-2006, 04:10
yes mrs t enjoys it but i prefer the daft sponsored by fujifilm slapstick water dive. bit long in the tooth tho i suppose..

Madabouttigger
08-03-2006, 17:13
Hope the Shamu shows gets sorted out in time for our next visit - I really enjoy seeing them!

Genie
08-03-2006, 19:16
When we went in November / December we stayed to watch the "Shamu rocks America " night time show and it was really disapointing no where near as good as usual, look forward to seeing the new one in May then !!

LiesaAnna
08-03-2006, 20:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
When we went in November / December we stayed to watch the "Shamu rocks America " night time show and it was really disapointing no where near as good as usual, look forward to seeing the new one in May then !!
[/quote]

have never seen this whats this all about? really must pay more attention to these things?

Mr G
09-03-2006, 02:15
Shamu rocks America is a more upbeat show with music and lights. Quite spectacular in the dark, Shamu jumping up and very similar stunts, but to music, etc.

We loved both shows.

orlandodaze
09-03-2006, 22:55
We are looking forward to visiting Seaworld this year because we havent been for some years .Hope the Shamu show is back to nornal by the Summer .

millie
09-03-2006, 23:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
Graham

Mizzy
[/quote]

This "hat trick" works with kids aswell. When my little girl was almost 2 she wanted to go on the bouncy castle inflatable thing near Shamu stadium and the little upstart tending it would not let her on. I went round the back - put a baseball cap on her and he let her on no problem. Needless to say I removed it in front of him and put her on. (definetely not the standard of Disney - there was no height chart or restriction!)
She got her own back though as she would not come out!!!!!!! No amount of persuading could get her near the exit!!!!!! Eventually we managed!!! I thought my Mum was going to die laughing!
Must try it with the beer next time!!!!!!!!![msnwink]
Lx